SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    BNTGHM45,Sig MPX SBR, fm9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BNTGHM45,Sig MPX SBR, fm9 Login/Join 
posted
Picked up the two SBR's today.

First up the FM9

Here is the MPX cut down to 8" and a 9/16th x24 trilug adapter threaded on. I am still waiting for my ILWT 8" barrel with intergral trilug to arrive. I put on the carbon fiber rail i picked up here then added a foregrip. Boy howdy is it mor handy.

Here is the BNTGHM45. It is now a sbr, I really like the tail hook brace. I may pick up the longer full stock rails and mount the tail hook to that. I changed the sight out to the holosun from my sig romeo, added a bcm foregrip. I will sight it in when i have time.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Nice trio!

I, too, am a big fan of the Lancer handguards on the MPX. Spendy, but completely changes the handling of the gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shackelford,

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This mpx was a carbine at one point. Cut down to 8" and the lancer put on

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Dang, you've been busy. Lots of fun going on there.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
stamp on the B&T I hope?

Posts: 3081 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, form 1 came back in 18 days. I filed mpx, kriss, bnt at the same time. Kriss was 3 days longer as noone had
Ever filed a kriss crb in 40sw yet.

The form 1 cqn was approved in 12 days. The tube shoule be here friday. I will send it to be engraved, heat treated and ceracoated right after. Then off to th 02/07 for recore

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Let me know what you think about the FM9. I've been watching them pretty closely. They seem to have a pretty good budget pistol/rifle going for them.

Thinking of getting one of their Primary Arms Exclusive shorties with a brace. (has traditional charging handle vs side CH) For the wife since she's used the the AR manual of arms.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Let me know what you think about the FM9. I've been watching them pretty closely. They seem to have a pretty good budget pistol/rifle going for them.

Thinking of getting one of their Primary Arms Exclusive shorties with a brace. (has traditional charging handle vs side CH) For the wife since she's used the the AR manual of arms.

The fm9 is solid. It is a budget gun to be sure. Parts that I would expect to be metal are a polymer.

For instance, the charging handle, the triangle behind the upper that holds the bolt in, the brass deflector.

I swapped out the buffer tube for the railed SB3.

The trigger is consistent, likely about 6-7lbs. Standard AR style. The mag well area does not like 32 rounds in the 32 round mag. They swell just enough to cause removal and insertion to be a pain. 30 rounds work just fine. The brass deflector and the rear triangle bit are just fine as a polymer. The charging handle though, I wish was aluminum. That being said, it is not reciprocating. It takes quite a bit to move the bolt to the rear. This is best done while shouldered. The charging handle does have a couple of replacement pieces that allow it to become an ambi charging handle if one desired.

I have about 300 rounds through it so far. I had one issue with a mag I think I had crammed 33 rounds into. The 2nd round did not chamber well. Other than that, It has worked flawlessly. It is on target, quick to target. Accuracy does not seem to be much of an issue at 50ft. (typically the distance I shoot at when using my outdoor range. ) Overall it has been a solid gun so far.

Given how short the pistol is, I don't know that I would want a rear charging handle. The side charger is to be quicker, and easier. This comes after years of AR use. I prefer the BNT/FM9 side charger to the MPX/AR15 style in such a small package.