SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 10-22 Mag Loaders ... Whatcha use?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10-22 Mag Loaders ... Whatcha use? Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
I have an old Butler Creek mag loader for my Ruger mags. It was never perfect, so I don't use it much.

Recently, I picked up the Champion and the Caldwell to try out. Neither was much better. In fact, the Champion broke the twist handle off the second time I tried to use it. Now it's sitting with some Gorilla Glue. Hopefully, I can salvage it.

Does anyone have anything better?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I use the Maglula's for everything, and they work great and I have not had any issues with them.

Here is their model for the 10/22

https://www.maglula.com/produc...er-10-22-lula-loader

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
I use the Maglula

I did not know there was such a thing.
I get tired of having to wipe the wax lube off my fingers after loading my 77/22 magazines, so that looks great.

Thanks!

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I owned a 10-22 a long long time ago and had forgotten how much of a PITA (and thumb) loading those magazines was, until I recently picked up a Ruger bolt gun that uses the same mags. The MagLula works great, and without that ugly waxy buildup.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another MagLulu user here. I would estimate I have loaded over 3,000 rounds with mine with ZERO issues....In fact at a match today a fellow shooter borrowed mine to try and said he would own two before his next match. I said two? He said yes - when he finds something he likes that helps him related to shooting that is affordable - he buys two in case he breaks one or they are discontinued.....Smart Man right there....

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
OK! Maglula it is.

On another note, I recently found the box for my 10-22 from 1983 with 6 loaded mags inside. Not only did those mags still function, but now they're easy peasey to load!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I had, I believe it was a butler creek, with the twist knob, it broke the first time I used it, and I was not being force-full with it at all, the handle just twisted off ... I've also got a couple early ones that just push the one in the mag down and you insert the new shell manually.

BUT

The one I like best is the McFadden Lightnin' Grip 10/22 Magazine Loader It comes with 2 different types of 10/22 adapters and you can buy others for AR-22 type mags ect ... its the easiest, and fastest I've ever had the pleasure to use ... and since buying my M16 and a full auto 22LR upper from CMMG, its come in very handy since a full 25round mag of 22 will go through an M16 in 3-4 seconds.

At first it seems a bit flimsy but I've been using this one for years without issue. Instead of a knob, you pull the trigger and it pushes down the follower or shell in the mag and pushes in another all in one motion.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post