SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    2023: The Henry Homesteader 9mm Semi-Automatic Carbine
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023: The Henry Homesteader 9mm Semi-Automatic Carbine Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'll take mine in 45 ACP please.Make it standard for 1911 mags with the option to switch magwells and run Glock or SIG P320 magazines.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle. I wish it had an adapter for Beretta 92 magazines but maybe that will appear later if the rifle sells well enough.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Reminds me of the old Ruger 44 mag carbines of my youth.

Attention Savage. THIS is how you do it !

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must have one with glock mags...or two is they make one in 45 with 1911 mags. Always wanted a marlin camp 45 but they are impossible to find now.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Henry makes good guns. I like this one a lot, and while I agree that a metal Colt mag might look slightly better I think the mag acceptance they choose is way better functionally.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very similar to the Marlin Camp Carbines. They were in 9 (used sw mags) and 45 (used 1911 mags)

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
There are aftermarket metal Glock magazines available.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
There are aftermarket metal Glock magazines available.

Do you mean the shield mags for the g43x/48? I'm not aware of any others for the g17/19/26. It looks like this rifle in the glock format will be built around the g17 type mags.

posted Hide Post
Kudos to Henry for introducing a more traditionally rifle-styled PCC. I hope they sell well. The square lines of the fore end don't flow with the more rounded lines of the buttstock, but maybe it feels good in the hand. If I didn't have a 9mm AR that I really like, the Homesteader would be on my short list.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Steel mags: https://www.glockstore.com/MBX...-Magazines-for-Glock

You're all wrong about the fore end. Its the buttstock that's incongruous with the receiver and fore end! Razz

Anyway, I like to think Henry has addressed the fact that most modern shooters shoot from the bench on the range, or other supports in the field.
The angular fore end is suitable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steel mags: https://www.glockstore.com/MBX...-Magazines-for-Glock

You're all wrong about the fore end. Its the buttstock that's incongruous with the receiver and fore end! Razz

Anyway, I like to think Henry has addressed the fact that most modern shooters shoot from the bench on the range, or other supports in the field.
The angular fore end is suitable.

Sorry for the thread drift but...HOLY HELL, who would pay that much for a glock mag? Do they at least come preloaded with ammo? At that price, they might as well not exist.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I like to think Henry has addressed the fact that most modern shooters shoot from the bench on the range, or other supports in the field. The angular fore end is suitable.

You may be right. I think of a 9mm PCC as a run-&-gun training gun for AR15s. From field supports, too, but without the need for a flat & stable base.

I sure don't think of a 9mm PCC as something to be shot from a bench rest, but I suppose some would do so.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Not only the exorbitant purchase price, amc, you'd still have to buy a can of Black Krylon to make it blend in with the rest of the weapon.

fritz, at our club, people shoot PCC's off benches at 100 and 200 yards.

A fellow let me bench shoot his 9MM AR and my .38 Special Marlin at his 200 yard steel plate. Giggly good fun.

We have used them offhand, as God intended, at IDPA and Steel Challenge .

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
10mm and 9x25 Dillon for the winingest. Might as well fill up that long tube as much as possible with burning powder.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope theses sell so well that Henry expands to other calibers and a take down version. How about a takedown that switches calibers with a swap of a barrel and bolt.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
This is what you get your recoil sensitive petite wife instead of a 12 gauge pump. I think my wife needs one of these, she just doesn't know it yet.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have an anniversary coming up. Would make a good anniversary gift. For her of course.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Cool gun, gotta give Henry credit for seeing the market for such a firearm. The Marlin Camp 9 has a good following.

Even though the 9mm has a little more fps with the longer barrel, I’d think I’d want a little more oomph. Looks great as a plinker or the common ‘home defense’ role, should the German Shepard be unable to hold the perimeter.

I have a Henry lever in 45-70, quality gun & am pleased.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
If I didn't have a 9mm AR that I really like, the Homesteader would be on my short list.

You and me both. I really want one...but I also don't see it filling a role that isn't already filled by my CMMG build. Maybe I can convince myself (and my wife) that I really need a traditionally-stocked 9mm PCC in addition to an AR.

When companies come out with cool stuff like this, there's part of me that wants to buy one just to help show them that it's worth their effort to take the chance to produce it. On the flip-side, $900+ is a lot of money when there's only so much range time available and this would just take a portion of that away from the AR.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post