SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Is this an SBR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this an SBR? Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
My grandpa made it for me 40 years ago and my 3 year old son found it in the wood working shop. I remember when I was a kid when I broke the stock off and I was very upset.

To say my boy likes it is an understatement.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I believe I recall you telling us about loosing it in a boating accident a long, long time ago.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
It's a pistol so you should be fine. Add a brace to it if you feel you need something more stable.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Add a brace to it if you feel you need something more stable.

I woodn't.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I believe I recall you telling us about loosing it in a boating accident a long, long time ago.

Looks like it floated to shore, though.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's a Short, Board Rifle. Big Grin

I had one of those when I was a kid. It was a hand-me-down, so I don't even know who made it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Funnily enough, the stock on the Thompson was removable, resulting in a profile that looks exactly like that.

In fact, Thompson's original prototypes for the "Persuader"/"Annihilator" (its original designations) had no stock at all.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
the fore grip makes it an AOW.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
the fore grip makes it an AOW.

It’s an AFG though. Being on a pistol that’s OK right. VFG would be a different story. Smile

Based on the movies I’ve seen it’s meant to be hip fired and doesn’t need a stock.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
You'll need a Cutts Compensator on that one! Muzzle rise will definitely be an issue!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Man, mine was only a side-by-side coach gun. Grandfather gave it 2 clothes pins at the rear for rubber bands. High capacity bro…

Super fond memories. Thank you for sharing!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post