Raised Hands Surround Us Three Nails To Protect Us

| quote: I hate to admit it, the 10/22 is a better gun than the Model 60 in just about every way. The beauty of the Marlin has always been that they were cheap.
I’ll take any Marlin .22 over my 10/22. I like Marlin .22s. A Glenfield was my first gun. I can’t really pass up a Marlin with a Squirrel on it. I have quite a few. I’d give $250 for that model there. I was not familiar with Ruger buying Marlin. I have been waiting to buy 3 Model 60s for my boys. So they could have the same first gun as me. Guess I’ll have to start looking for used ones.
———————————————— The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad. If we got each other, and that's all we have. I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you!
|
| | |
Member

| A Marlin 60 was my first GB transfer. I see another 1994 NRA edition right now on GB at $230. Good luck. |
| | |
Member

| Blackmore that is a really good looking Marlin. Well done! That Marlin is really nice. It's been a little over a year since I have purchased anything and well now, I am going to buy a couple more guns while I am at this. The lever 22s are what seem to be stupid money or at least the Winchesters are. The Marlin is not nearly as much but I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to nostalgia. I am keeping my eye out for a stainless Marlin but for now my focus is on this one and I keep talking myself in to paying just a little more lol.
|
| | | Posts: 387 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 24, 2017 |  
IP
|
|
Member
| quote: Originally posted by Dakor: Were it me and I didn't already own a Marlin 39A, I'd skip the 60 and purchase that model instead.
I agree 100% |
| | |
Member

| Congrats. Hope it runs as well as my 60W does.
The Enemy's gate is down. |
| | |
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best

| Good score! I hope it works well for you, as I imagine it should. If it needs tweaking let me know...I've gained some experience in the past couple of weeks from working on my model 70! If you get a chance to pick up a 39a, jump on it! They have gotten stupid expensive, but they are awesome rifles. I found a well-used example at my LGS a year or so ago for $400, and felt like I'd won the lottery. I had to fabricate some parts and tweak a few things to get it running, but it's perfect now, and my favorite .22 long gun.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
|
| | | Posts: 12031 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006 |  
IP
|
|