SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    California ban or AR-15 overturned by Federal Judge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California ban or AR-15 overturned by Federal Judge Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
A federal judge Friday night overturned California’s longtime ban on assault weapons, saying the state’s law was unconstitutional and that prohibiting such firearms for decades was “a failed experiment.”

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See existingCA Weapons Ban Overturned.

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If and when you guys and gals can start purchase please do so enmass Cool

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
There are reasons for shortages that torque me off. If you guys get a window to buy STACK DEEP!! That is one shortage reason I am all for. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benitez is the same judge that said their high cap mag ban was unconstitutional…… that’s gone no where so far…… hopefully it’s a good sign for California, but I doubt much comes from it

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I understand it hasn't moved quickly, but you can't say the mag case has gone nowhere so far if it's still on appeal. To tell you the truth, I wonder if the two appeals will wind up somehow being heard together.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I got through some of that decision yesterday. This judge is definitely a friend.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
I got through some of that decision yesterday. This judge is definitely a friend.

I read the whole thing today. Excellent legal analysis and exposure of all the holes in the reasoning for the ban.

The case presented by the AG is embarrassingly bad.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post