SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Resident Colt expert Belgian Blue??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resident Colt expert Belgian Blue?? Login/Join 
posted
Can the resident colt expert email please. Have some question about an upper. I think the seller is legit he may have gotten hosed before he sold it to me.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok how is colt marking the uppers, bolt carrier and bolt these days?

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
This video may be of some help...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate it. The Cerritos forge mark is not at the last position of the rail. No cage code. M on the bolt is funky no mpc mp or white dot. No c on the carrier. No f on the fsb. No M4 stamp. White letters on the RAS like my kid did them. Cage code on the barrel is correct.

Some things are there others are not. Just weird. Would post photos but don’t know how.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a newer production Colt rifle?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. Within the last year per the seller. It just feels off.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Email me photos, I'll host them for you.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:

Go with your gut and pass on it. I had a same feeling about a pistol years ago and I was correct.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I'm pretty sure he already owns it... Wink

From the OP:
quote:
I think the seller is legit he may have gotten hosed before he sold it to me.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking for help seeing if this is legit

posted Hide Post
Colt customer service is clueless. I called and send pics wil see what they say.

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:

I suspect what you are witnessing is the result of Colt substituting commercial grade components for mil-spec pieces and parts now that they are no longer the prime contractor for the rifle. Para discussed this production change quite a while back. At the time, the general consensus was that while the then current production rifles were of acceptable quality, they lacked the mil-spec pedigree consumers had come to expect from Hartford. Further, the argument was made that comparable commercial quality AR's were available from alternate manufacturers for less cost than the Colt. If you haven't done so already, you may wish to watch the video posted above by nhracecraft. Admittedly, it is dry in spots but full of useful comparisons between the older mil-spec models and the current Colt offerings.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There have been a few recent runs of 6920s that lack the cage code on the upper, lack C marking on the carrier. The bolts have been very very faintly marked. 6920 OEM1 uppers have been this way over the last year.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly I don't think Colt (or maybe it's their masters at CZ-USA) particularly cares anymore. Considering that the days of large production numbers of contract M4s are over, Colt certainly doesn't have any impetus to do any AR to mil-spec standards just for civilians alone.

The CR6920s that we've gotten just seem like an overpriced, hollow promise of what Colt used to manufacture. A money grab set into play during a time when people were panicking over COVID, police defunding and protecting their toilet paper.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Sadly I don't think Colt (or maybe it's their masters at CZ-USA) particularly cares anymore. Considering that the days of large production numbers of contract M4s are over, Colt certainly doesn't have any impetus to do any AR to mil-spec standards just for civilians alone.

The CR6920s that we've gotten just seem like an overpriced, hollow promise of what Colt used to manufacture. A money grab set into play during a time when people were panicking over COVID, police defunding and protecting their toilet paper.

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. I have Colt rifles from the 60s/70s (transferable factory MGs), early/mid 90s, late 90s, early 2000s, mid 2000s, and current guns. The current guns are still well made and reliable. The markings and texture of the anodizing on the receivers are really all that are significantly different.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JoshNC,

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post