SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli M4...any cons?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M4...any cons? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
And THAT is the real problem with Benelli's. no matter what model.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I have M1’s and an M4. With heavy loads the M1 can be a little harsh to shoot. The M4 is very soft shooting. I made mine 922r compliant and added the titanium mag tube. Awesome shotgun!

Enjoy!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
And THAT is the real problem with Benelli's. no matter what model.

What is the real problem?

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
yeah ^^^^ ????

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I assumed cas was referring to the usually high cost of manufacturer replacement parts?

I may very well be wrong though.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6315 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having bought into the M4, the 1301 is also an excellent weapon and I have several other Beretta shotguns. I have not found parts cost to be that much different, not surprising as they are the same company. M4 seems to have more aftermarket stuff.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Challer:
What is the real problem?

That a used, standard barrel will sell for $560

quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I assumed cas was referring to the usually high cost of manufacturer replacement parts?

I may very well be wrong though.

No not wrong. Springs, pins and small parts aren't bad, but once your past that, parts prices get absurd. $100 for a recoil pad? $300-$500 for a plastic butt stock? Need a new barrel? Might as well buy another gun as a barrel will be 40-70% of what another gun would cost. (the only exception being the Huglu made barrels for the Nova/Super Nova.

And I'm not being a Benelli basher. I bought $90 worth of parts (two) on Monday night. lol I have a Super Nova, two M2's, an SBE and an SBE2. I sold my 3rd M2, one I truly didn't need as it was a duplicate of another I own and would probably never use. And not a month goes by for a year now that I don't regret selling it. (The guy who bought is probably still giggling to himself.)

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
So I've got the M4 in the LE configuration/M1014 configuration - 7 shot tube and collapsible stock.

I really like the shotgun when I do shoot it, but it doesn't get shot very much, and with how hard to find they are, I don't want to customize it much.

Also to consider...LTT will sell you a fully tricked out Beretta 1301 for $1599 + $35 shipping. I haven't seen an M4 in my configuration for less than $1800 used in a very long time. This will probably be my next shotgun purchase.

ETA: Yes, I know you can get one from PSA for $1799 new right now...it's got the fixed stock and truncated magazine tube (what, five shots?). Not the 7-shot with collapsible stock.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
The M2 is less expensive, weighs less, is just as reliable with heavy buck and slugs, and more reliable with bird shot.

I've owned gas operated and inertia driven shotguns and just can't see myself going back gas.

If I were going to buy a gas operated shotgun it would be the Beretta.

I'm a Benelli fan but the only reason that the M4 commands the price that it does is because the Marine Corps uses them. I'm not saying that they aren't a great shotgun but I don't think that they are worth what they cost compared to other shotguns on the market.

You can look at the winningest of 3 gun shooters, guys who spend tens of thousands of dollars on guns and similar money on travel to matches. None of them use the M4. If it truly offered an advantage, they would be using them. Come to think of it, I don't think I have EVER seen one used at a match.

Open shooters are shooting Dissident Arms Veprs and tac-ops and limited shooters are using M2s and Berettas.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
I don't think I have EVER seen one used at a match.

I have, but not by "serious" competitive folks Smile