SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Father Son Bonding time - thanks 1flynDO!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father Son Bonding time - thanks 1flynDO! Login/Join 
Picture of MrToad
posted
Thanks to a very generous instant karma from 1flynDO, my son was able to get some hard-to-find ammo for his Krag, so we zipped over to our local range for some fun.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Love the Krag, and his looks like a nice example. I've started handloading for mine, as ammo is definitely hard to come by, and I can load them lighter for less wear and tear on the gun. I have a cast bullet load that mirrors a .303 load that I got from 357Fuzz here on the forum for my son's SMLE...we shoot a lot of steel with those and it's a blast. Hard to beat good father/son time at the range!

Posts: 8394 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
An old Russian WW2 SVT-40 is next to it. That was fun to shoot as well. He was really excited to try them out.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
An old Russian WW2 SVT-40 is next to it. That was fun to shoot as well. He was really excited to try them out.

Nice...I was trying to identify that one. I knew it looked Russian, but I'm not as up on my east-bloc stuff as I should be. I got my C&R back in February and we've had a lot of fun with the milsurp stuff this year.

Posts: 8394 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never knew the ammo was for your son! Glad he got it!

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post