SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    EndoMags for 9mm in 5.56 lower
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EndoMags for 9mm in 5.56 lower Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted
Who's used them? Good vs. evil?

Please just opinions on the use, I have a 9mm glock PCC already, just wondering if it's worth getting another upper to make my .223/5.56 lower work too.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
I have 6 and all function well. I did have to sort though some Gen2 Pmags to find the ones that allowed the 9mm follower to move with the least resistance, but once that was resolved (just me being picky) I've not had a 9mm upper that wouldn't run with them, even in FA.

Also, be aware with Endomags the ejector is on the mag. So if you do not retract the bolt with a mag in, the round is not ejected. Easy to adapt to and routine safety practices keep you safe. But, a different clearing procedure if you do not shoot the mag dry.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Perfect, thanks! This was just going to be for a range "toy" not for competition/HD. I just didn't want a piece of crap for the range though.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have 3 endo conversions. First two worked great. Third one probably works fine but the extractor on my Banshee upper broke so I never got to try it.
I didn't bother to fix the extractor. They did send me the part. My Banshee lower for Glock mags hit production yesterday, so I'll probably get around to fixing it soon and off loading the Endo conversions. But when I used them, they worked fine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of the CMMG branded variety than I'm using in a homebuilt carbine with a CMMG RDB barrel and bolt. All have been flawless and I'm very happy with them. I much prefer this solution to the Glock mag lower that I had before.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 9. I don't run them all that much since I have glock, sig and colt lowers. But when I want to test an ar lower with some change (like trigger) I run them since I have way more 9 ammo than 5.56. I have had no issues. And I wish Chowser would fix that extractor. I hate stuff of mine that's broken and his stuff is now starting to impact me mentally Smile

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
My three just work as intended.
The ejector being in the mag isn't a big deal to me and it's kinda handy when using a snap cap for dry firing as it doesn't chuck the cap when resetting.
Being Magpul mags they fit in the mag carriers on my belt as well.

Posts: 1468 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, and I'm with hrcjon, Chower: FIX THAT EXTRACTOR. Please, think of the children!!

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Thanks everyone, and I'm with hrcjon, Chower: FIX THAT EXTRACTOR. Please, think of the children!!

Yeah, no joke, it's gnawing at me, too! Please fix it, it'll only take 2 minutes...heck, I take mine out every time I clean the gun.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please just opinions on the use, I have a 9mm glock PCC already, just wondering if it's worth getting another upper to make my .223/5.56 lower work too.

I have a half dozen or so that I don’t need. PM me if you’d like, I’ll make you a deal.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“EndoMag” sounded medical, so I did a search:

https://www.endomag.com/

Interesting.

Just don’t ask about using an endoscope on an AR15. Wink

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:

I have a half dozen or so that I don’t need. PM me if you’d like, I’ll make you a deal.

Thanks! I'm doing some thinking over .300 Blackout and sent you an email.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got an email with tracking info for my Banshee lower so I will fix the extractor today when I get to work tonight.

After it broke, I just threw the upper and endo mags in the armory at work. Hoping I still have the parts somewhere to convert my endo mags back to regular Pmags.

Filling out my eform 1 now. Once my FFL confirms the serial number, I'll send off for the sbr stamp.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post