SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Please, recommend a 9MM PCC belt carry magazine pouch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please, recommend a 9MM PCC belt carry magazine pouch Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
This would be for range days and competitions, like IDPA, Steel Challenge and bowling pins.

Are they *universal* or specific to the magazine type, like Colt, Glock, Beretta, Uzi, etc. ?

This would be for range days and competitions, like IDPA, Steel Challenge and bowling pins.

Are they *universal* or specific to the magazine type, like Colt, Glock, Beretta, Uzi, etc. ?

Edit to add: OH, yeah ... Scorpion Evo mags, too Smile

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Soon, I should be in receipt of something right along these lines from the fine folks at Milt Sparks. I’d already placed an order for some revolver gunleather and it occurred to me to ask if they could craft something for Colt-style 9mm AR magazines. They said “yes” and that it will be patterned after their “#17” mag-pouch design.

Granted, this is not a fast solution (current lead-time is 26 weeks - I’m almost there, I think!) - I’m a self-avowed Sparks junkie, so it’s worth it to me haha…

Obviously, pics to follow once the goods arrive.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for something universal, I'd say check out the pouches from G Code. Semi rigid nylon that expands to fit most standard sizes of magazines - pistol magazine (works for single and double stack), AR/AK size, .308 mag size, etc.

The various molded index offerings out there are usually more specific to the magazine by make/model.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Either the ESSTAC KYWI MidLength Pouches in the above link, or...

HSGI Extended Pistol TACO's found here --> https://www.highspeedgear.com/...ess_hsgi=5455&cat=11

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've used both Esstac Kywi and HSGI Taco pouches for my CZ Evo magazines.

Kywis are model-specific, but Tacos are adjustable/universal.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
The G Code Scorpion in "tall" works pretty good too, escecially for the Glock mags, not so sure about the curly H&Ks or CZs.

Here: G-Code

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Soon, I should be in receipt of something right along these lines from the fine folks at Milt Sparks. I’d already placed an order for some revolver gunleather and it occurred to me to ask if they could craft something for Colt-style 9mm AR magazines. They said “yes” and that it will be patterned after their “#17” mag-pouch design.

Granted, this is not a fast solution (current lead-time is 26 weeks - I’m almost there, I think!) - I’m a self-avowed Sparks junkie, so it’s worth it to me haha…

Obviously, pics to follow once the goods arrive.

The pouch has landed - this should be fun to work with!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For just running around carrying mags for a static reload off the clock without movement (which for example is steel challenge) you might find some that are universal enough. Heck your pockets are probably good enough. But for actual competitions that involve mag changes and movement I have never found anything that is even remotely universal. My competition mag holders are mag specific. The actual maker depends on the mag and the rules.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I use a scorpion for pcc matches as well just to have fun with it (so by no means take it all serious with a higher end pcc setup). For matches that are just standing in spot at a table, I just lay an extra mag or two on the table. If actually moving then I use a hsgi thigh panel with a few taco pouches on it. Can take it on and off easy and the mags sit up high enough that they are easy to grab and not get in the way.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If static at a steel match, yes place them on the table. If at an IDPA or USPSA match and your moving and shooting, I'm using a pocket which is not ideal by any stretch.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post