SIGforum
SIG/Magpul ACS Stock assistance

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2890047924

September 01, 2017, 07:03 AM
Tompow
SIG/Magpul ACS Stock assistance
Hive...the cheek weld on my ACS just doesn't cut it. Anyone have any aftermarket suggestions? Right now I'm running more like a "chin" weld...
September 01, 2017, 07:45 AM
Rustpot
Chin meaning the comb is too wide, or meaning that you don't have enough height to see your sights/optics?

If it's the former, drop that brick for a standard stock.

If it's the latter you're possibly using a high mount when you should not.
September 01, 2017, 08:53 AM
Tompow
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Chin meaning the comb is too wide, or meaning that you don't have enough height to see your sights/optics?

If it's the former, drop that brick for a standard stock.

If it's the latter you're possibly using a high mount when you should not.

Too high...without removing the sights(SIG 716)a standard scope by itself is 12-14" long. Add a sunshade and now you're 15" or so. The 716 only has a 10" handguard so now I'm on top of the front sight. Need a high mount + a 1/2" riser on the upper to clear....I could get by if I removed my irons but I hate to ditch my backups...
September 01, 2017, 11:14 AM
LDD
MAGPUL CTR + LaRue RISR may get you the height you need:

http://www.larue.com/larue-tac...g-inline-stock-riser

(the link is just for the RISR, price does not include CTR).

It's always possible to outdistance your cheekpiece with a super-high mount. But this is one of the best solutions I've seen given the typical AR's rear-mounted charging handle.

The other is mounting a delta cheekpiece on a fixed stock. I don't like fixed stocks (particularly A2 stocks) so this solution has never been a big hit with me, but it is available.

CTR + RISR is going to keep your rifle compact and change its character the least.
September 01, 2017, 11:56 AM
Tompow
Thanks... just hate loosin' the ACS. It's kinda like "matching numbers" on a car...lol
September 01, 2017, 12:58 PM
IndianaBoy
Offset the backups at 45 degrees or just ditch them entirely.

I understand the concept behind back up irons, but they become largely useless if they cause a problem with your primary sighting system, considering the small chance they will ever actually be used because your primary optic actually went down.