SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    It's my turn for a price check- D-Technik VZ.58
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's my turn for a price check- D-Technik VZ.58 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, so I just checked.

I have ten 30 rounders and the custom 5 round magazine for a total of eleven magazines and two pigskin carriers.

F.A.B. Defense AG-58 pistol grip in black.

Two surplus cleaning kits. These must have come with the mags in the pigskin carriers and the two bayonets.

Five 10 round stripper clips. I can't recall if these are specific to the vz.58 or if they are SKS stripper clips.

Three canvas slings- one new that came with the rifle and two that must have come with all the other stuff.

The folding stock, and the rifle ANIB, of course. I think that's everything, and it will be sold as a package.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GunMagWarehouse is selling the VZ magazines (surplus) for 20 bucks. If I were in the market and given everything else with the gun and in the condition it is in, I would offer $2200 for the whole rig.
Something to consider: Will the ban on imported 7.62X39 ammo affect the guns value?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I'd pay about $3,000 but not $3,500 as AK's aren't really my thing

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I'd pay about $3,000 but not $3,500 as AK's aren't really my thing

[Schwarzenegger voice]
It's not an AK!
[/Schwarzenegger voice]

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Para, I sold one about five years ago to a friend that was very much the same package as you have. I did him a favor and let it go for $950. That was too cheap then.

I’d think $1,800 to $2,000.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone mentioned the short stroke gas piston operation of this rifle. Yes, gut also noteworthy is that the bolt locks using a tilting block system sort of like the one found in Walther P.38 and Beretta 92 pistols.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I own three VZ58's, one a ban-era D-Technik fixed stock with original Czech barrel pinned/welded to 16" and two CSA guns (one a Tactical and the other Military Grey with beaver barf).

Dan Brown from D-Technik then Czechpoint left and started Samopal. He worked with TortTort to do new receivers so new kit builds assembled by the maestro are now again possible. Dan was the Q/C for every gun going out so not sure current CSA's are as good as when he was there.

As for a D-Technik, is it a Lothar barrel or an original Czech one? I think I spent $15xx on mine early last year with 5+ magazines. Prices have gone up quite a bit since. Dan @ Samopal has a service to update these with a new gas block with bayo lug and muzzle brake and refinish if you get a ban era gun like mine and want to update it.

Here's my D-Technik

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Alternate approach to the FAB Defense stuff. This is a Zhukov stock with RS Regulate adapter plus RS side-mount optics mount. This VZ58 was a "Liberty" model with fixed magazine that I changed over to proper detachable mag releast setup and also removed the M4 stock adapter and $20 ATI stock that came on it. This was languishing brand new on the rack at a semi-local Ace Hardware and got it brand new for $1200 (nobody wanted it due to fixed mag setup....a $20 fix).

This is my "shooter" setup, meaning I'm not worried about beating it up at the farm. The RS mount really makes the optic setup just work...can't get much lower. I do have a smooth military grip for it but need to run down a proper length screw for it (it's longer than the hollow "tactical" grip that came on the gun)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
As for a D-Technik, is it a Lothar barrel or an original Czech one?
It's an original Czech barrel. Serial number of the rifle is 5801652.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
$1600-2200 is probably a good range, depends on where you sell it and who's looking/bidding. I think most would prefer OG barrels these days even though the 15" length isn't so easy compared to the 16" Lothar versions.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, it will be sold here and nowhere else.

My strong preference is for it to go to a forum member, but if someone outside the forum wants it, certified funds will make it theirs.

I'll meet active, known forum members for a face-to-face transaction, but if I don't know you, the rifle will be shipped to your FFL. Otherwise, the risk of an attempted ripoff- no matter how slight- is too great a risk AFAIC.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I just stumbled across one helping value one for an estate sale. I wasn’t familiar with them. Same type in synthetic furniture, Fab defense grip, a few mags, Knoxville stamp. Why are they so valuable?

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're uncommon compared to Kalashnikovs. They're really neat, utilizing a falling block locking system, akin to the Walther P38. To me, Kalasnikovs have always felt like tin cans. The VZ.58 has a milled receiver and feels so much more solid than an AK.

You're timing is interesting, because I am just about to put mine up for sale.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
This thread got me looking at options for my CAI Vz2008. Spent most of last night checking out various websites and am amazed at how much more gear there is available for it today than 10+ years ago when I got it.

The fiber optic front sight got me looking at a sight tool from Brownell's, made me think about upgrading the rear sight, then to optic possibilities using better handguards (still wearing the beaver barf) with the necessary rails, checking out various opinions on whether to "tab" or not,...

A long but interesting night, culminating in a list of items that I'll be ordering soon. Thanks, Oz, for reigniting my interest in this firearm!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post