SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    It's my turn for a price check- D-Technik VZ.58
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's my turn for a price check- D-Technik VZ.58 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I figure after dealing with disallowed price checks in this forum for a couple of decades, it's my turn.

I've got a D-Technik VZ.58 Sporter, 7.62x39mm, fixed stock, as new in the box. Absolute cherry, unfired w/all. I've got a surplus folding stock for it as well that I bought from Czechpoint USA that's been repainted and it looks and feels brand new. Installing this folder on the rifle make the rifle remarkably compact.
D-Tehnik correctly modified these rifles. That is to say, it has a tabbed bolt carrier.

A total of ten (I think) magazines- the 30 rounder that came with the rifle, eight surplus 30 rounders in two of the surplus pigskin carriers (these hold four 30 round mags each), and a 5 round magazine made from a cutdown 30 rounder. I bought that magazine from a company in Canada and they did great work, looks like a new magazine, a well-done modification.

I've got a Fabarm pistol grip for it and some other odds and ends I can't recall at the moment- a couple of slings and two of the rattiest looking bayonets you've ever seen. They came along with the mags in the pigskin carriers.

If you want to see what it looks like, here's a 9 year old ad, so that 1100 dollar sale price is worthless info.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy...-sporter.great-shape

Don't show me what's on gunbroker, I've already seen that. Tell me what you think all of this is worth. Thanks

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Not positive about the dollar worth (sorry), but those rifles are great. Here in Canada we had access to the original CZ ones and the CSA ones. It was all fine and dandy until Prime Minister Socks decides to outlaw them two years ago. I miss mine dearly.

That said, $900-1000 sounds reasonable. I bought mine NIB for $1200 Canadian Pesos four year ago.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even acknowledge such an offer.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921099641

One on gunbroker now, $1550, then tax, shipping, & transfer cost.

Could be a few differences with your model.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
With it being NIB and the extras, I would expect it to bring $2,000, or certainly close to it. I wouldn't even consider selling it for less than $1800.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I wouldn't even acknowledge such an offer.

Fair. I live in another reality, where DD ARs went from $2500 CAD to $0 at the stroke of a pen, on May 1st, 2020. And the short-barelled VZs sold for way cheaper than their long-nosed cousins (as the shorties were registered, and the l8.6” barelled ones were not in any govt list).

I apologise for the unnecessary intermission. Since you are obviously selling into the US market, I should have kept my guesstimate to myself.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't show me what's on gunbroker, I've already seen that.
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
One on gunbroker now...

One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell me what you think all of this is worth. Thanks

Neighborhood $2300 to $2500.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
How about $1,680.00
For: 7.62X39 VZ 58 SPORTER EARLY D-TECHNIK VZ58 WITH GREY FINISH AND 'BEAVER BARF' FURNITURE
Sold: 9 months ago

Link
Select “View Sold Details” to view full info.

However with your details “ Absolute cherry, unfired w/all. I've got a surplus folding stock for it as well that I bought from Czechpoint USA that's been repainted and it looks and feels brand new.”
The price could be a bit higher.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
How about $1,680.00
Did it come with 10 magazines, a spare folding stock, and other accessories? And that's a used rifle.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Smile

Nope, was just editing my post to note that you had additional details which would drive the price higher.

Additionally that’s only one data point to draw from.
But it gives a good (rough) ballpark in that someone did purchase at that price.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
By the way, looking around, it appears the folding stock I purchased was unissued surplus, and the gray paint job may be original. The stock alone adds at least 150 bucks to the price of the rifle, and it looks like these stocks are nowhere to be found complete with all mounting hardware in the US. I bought all of this stuff in 2008.

At the same time, I bought one of Century Arms' VZ2000 versions of this rifle and it was nowhere near as nice as this. The only good thing about the CA version was it had a new barrel. The D-Technik rifles have surplus barrels, but the bore on mine looks new IIRC.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Using the same website, changing the search criteria, there are a few more listings which may help establish a value.

Search: D TECHNIK VZ 58
Category: Rifle

Link

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Again, did those rifles come with all the accessories I've listed?

For some reason, for the past two or three days, I have failed, repeatedly, to make myself clear in this forum, even though I make every effort to do so. I feel as if my posts are quite clear, but somewhere along the way, they ain't.
quote:
Tell me what you think all of this is worth.

posted Hide Post
Para, I would say the TOTAL VALUE of your entire package would be about $2200-2300. I base this on the price for a newly Czech-made VZ58 rifle which sells today for $1850 NIB as advertised on Atlantic Firearms' website (they were in stock for ONE day last week and then sold out). 10 mags x $20 each = $200. Your estimate for the original folding stock sounds fair at $150. Toss in the slings, mag pouches, bayonets,etc and it puts the TOTAL VALUE in that ballpark price range.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum said: "You'll be fine trust us."

Picture of mn_smokeater
posted Hide Post
Para going to say something on the order of 3k would be reasonable. AKs are running high 1.5 to 2k range in my quick peeks on the higher end stuff and this package is far less common even w/o the mags and kit.

~------------------------------~
"Other Duties as Assigned"

Posts: 1355 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Para, I would say the TOTAL VALUE of your entire package would be about $2200-2300.

As a package that's pretty good. Though I'd probably lower it to starting at $2k for the package if I was a motivated seller.

PS - I've got two friends that are way into these and buy and sell with some regularity, prices I hear from them are what I'm basing my price estimates on. Probably around $1500-$1700 on rifle, and then add in accessories.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's fascinating to me to do some research on this rifle and see that while it resembles an AK-47 outwardly, it is NOT an AK-47 mechanically in any way, only fires the same ammunition. Same with the predecessor rifle (VZ.52) which *looks* like an SKS but is not an SKS in any way.

Did the Czechs have some sort of philosophical or political reason for going their own way with weaponry during the Cold War? If you look at everyone else; East Germany, Poland, Romania, etc they all adopted the AK-47 platform and either bought them outright from the USSR or made their own versions locally but not the Czechs.

I wonder why that was?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's fascinating to me to do some research on this rifle and see that while it resembles an AK-47 outwardly, it is NOT an AK-47 mechanically in any way, only fires the same ammunition. Same with the predecessor rifle (VZ.52) which *looks* like an SKS but is not an SKS in any way.

Did the Czechs have some sort of philosophical or political reason for going their own way with weaponry during the Cold War? If you look at everyone else; East Germany, Poland, Romania, etc they all adopted the AK-47 platform and either bought them outright from the USSR or made their own versions locally but not the Czechs.

I wonder why that was?

A desire to maintain a (somewhat) independent arms industry. It was something they did in many areas of the arms industry throughout the cold war. And sometimes they just thought they had a better product. But you see a lot of instances where outwardly a piece of equipment would like like the standard Warsaw Pact equipment, but was actually very different mechanically. Many WP countries would just take whatever design or equipment the Soviet Union was selling or giving away, the Czechs in many cases were just..."Nah, we'll do our own thing".

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's fascinating to me to do some research on this rifle and see that while it resembles an AK-47 outwardly, it is NOT an AK-47 mechanically in any way, only fires the same ammunition.

Yep. Its short stroke gas piston operation is closer to a SKS than an AK, which utilizes a long stroke gas piston.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post