SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ USA gives us their new 600 series (Edit: safety alert)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ USA gives us their new 600 series (Edit: safety alert) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I kinda like the Lux model.

Four other versions as well:
Alpha, Range, Trail and ... and ... Ergo.

CZ 600 Lux
"The refined lines and traditional style of the Lux reflect a long, proud tradition of gun makers and hunters. The Lux lives up to the expectations of its lineage, but it is so much more than oil-finished select-grade walnut and steel. The steel receiver is drilled and tapped for Remington 700 pattern bases. The advantage of the Lux goes beyond mere aesthetics; it comes with a sub-MOA guarantee as well."

Available 2022

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-600-lux/

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...-bolt-action-rifles/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I saw that today. Looks very pretty. I’ve got a more than a few cz rifles, both rimfire and centerfire. They are all rather nice shooters imo. My 6.5 creedmoor handles better than my tikka though the bolt isn’t as slick.

I’ll probably grab a 30-06 Lux if Santa clause doesn’t have other plans.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Huh. Looking forward to seeing the reviews of the Alpha and Trail, too. I guess I'm mildly surprised that they didn't offer the Lux in one of the 6.5s and with a longer barrel.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ-557 in 6.5 Swede, 20.6” barrel or so, nice gun. How I hunt I kinda like the shorter barrels, many like options towards 22” though.

They seem like nice guns, though I’m awash in similar ‘hunting rifles’, so no need.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I kind of dig it, but a wooden bolt knob on the Lux?

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 883 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:

Classy, ain't it??? Smile

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle but won't buy one specifically because of the fish scale checkering. Checkering is done because it provide a grippy surface and being a feature of a wood stock means at some point it will need "touching up". Touching up fish scales will prove quite difficult. Traditional checkering on the other hand is very easy to "touch up" and if you want some extra "bite" in your checkering that is very easy to do.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5605 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I like that, I have been kinda shopping for a shorter barrel 30.06...

I think I will be ordering one early next year

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:

Same here I don't care for the wooden bolt knob.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7034 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With my toxic skin oils, a wooden bolt knob would've been VERY much appreciated on my 455 Varmint 22LR. The integrated blued, carbon steel knob of that one's bolt handle is so badly pitted because when I cleaned and put it away 3 years ago I last TOUCHED the knob without thinking about wiping it clean of any contaminants...like my skin oil. Worse yet, a replacement bolt handle from CZ with a hollowed knob (instead of the solid one the gun originally came with) costs almost ONE HALF of what I paid for the entire rifle!.

So my 455 Varmint continues to run with that bolt handle with the badly pitted knob. It's character marks...I keep trying to tell myself...

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only CZ rifle is a .22LR Model 455 American purchased about 3 years ago. Mounted a front ramp and bead sight and a receiver sight. Minute-of-critter-eye accurate as far as my old (over 70) eyes can see. Factory-mounted studs so I can easily mount a leather military-style shooting sling (those who were properly trained with the shooting sling know what I am talking about).

Classic-style checkered walnut stock and blued steel. I feel no pressing need to do so, but the barrel and magazine can be easily changed to convert to .22WMR or .17HRM if desired (nice options).

The CZ came with factory steel 1" scope rings. I have acquired a 3-9X-40 scope, but haven't

felt the need to play with that just yet. All of my small game hunting is under 50 yards, and I like to keep it simple, sleek, and lightweight.

Here in Colorado the usual critters are cottontails, snowshoe hares, grouse, ptarmigans. A .22LR that shoots good is all that is required.

I am very pleased with the design, finish, and fit of the CZ 455. My only concern now is preventing its migration to one of the grandkids' homes, like all my other good guns.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Check this out…

Pretty ingenious and creative…there are some new thoughts going into this CZ 600 rifle I haven’t seen before.

https://youtu.be/KyAQoGr9KwI

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Check this out…

Pretty ingenious and creative…there are some new thoughts going into this CZ 600 rifle I haven’t seen before.

Neat rifle, a lever 30-30 fulfills most of the roles of it except compact.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Whaaaaaa?

updated on 5/6/2022
Ahhhh, more information:

"CZ-USA has recently learned of a potential safety issue with the CZ 600 bolt-action rifles. CZ-USA is voluntarily initiating a recall of these rifles to protect the safety of its customers because of the potential for a catastrophic failure if the barrel is not installed correctly.

To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using your CZ 600 rifle and not load or fire it until it has been returned to CZ-USA to be inspected and modified.

CZ 600 rifles were designed to allow the users to replace the barrels themselves to change the caliber. CZ-USA has learned that if the barrel is improperly installed, it is possible that the rifle could still be fired, but potentially result in a catastrophic failure. CZ-USA will correct this issue by permanently installing the barrels in CZ 600 rifles. As a result, the barrels on CZ 600 rifles will no longer be interchangeable. CZ-USA understands that this solution may not be acceptable to some of our customers, in which case we will issue a full refund upon presentation of a valid receipt for the purchase of your rifle."

https://cz600recall.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks for posting that before I went out and got one.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Check this out…

I have zero reason to buy this. But I want it. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The 600 Trail would be interesting in 300 Blackout. Perhaps some company will release a .300B barrel with a permanently attached suppressor so you will only need one stamp.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I have zero reason to buy this. But I want it. Big Grin

Oh, do I ever know how you feel! Big Grin

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Update on the recall from CZ USA in the edited post up there ^^^^

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That’s too bad, killed all interest.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post