SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How to remove kill flash from Holosun HS515GM optic? (Update: success)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to remove kill flash from Holosun HS515GM optic? (Update: success) Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all.

I recently purchased a Holosun HS515GM red dot optic for my AR. It comes with a kill flash installed. I'd like to remove it, if possible, while retaining the use of the flip-up front lens cover. Has anyone attempted this themselves? If successful, what was your process? I have contacted Holosun to get their feedback, but I suspect they may say it really shouldn't be removed. If so, that's fine. But I was just wondering if anyone has. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris17404,

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I think that is a screw-on... try twisting it counter-clockwise. Then screw the cover assembly back on to the threads.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Would I do this with the lens covers removed from the optic? There are a couple shallow grooves along the outer perimeter of the kill flash. I could try using a small screwdriver to twist it a bit, but it may be easier with the lens cap removed.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I have removed the kill flash on Holosun optics in the past without removing the lens cap. You are correct that there are two deep slots in the inner sides of the optics where it can help you remove it using counter-close-wise motion. I was successful with just using a small flat head/slotted screwdriver.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Quick update: I was able to remove it. I just carefully used a small flat head screw driver in the groove and slowly twisted it out. Easy. Thanks again for the tips.