SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Quigley Shoot, in Forsyth, Montana
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Quigley Shoot, in Forsyth, Montana Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

This looks like so much fun! Maybe it should have been posted in jelrod1's Long Range Rifle thread, but I figured many of us non-long-rangers would enjoy this video, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzDS1uiwvRo <--- correct link

You may paste this code directly into the SIGforum message box. There is no need to add any tags.

I have a question: at 0:20/ 7:42 , is that lady in the pink blouse the actress from the movie? (Can't be, but darn, she looks authentic).

EDit: oops, wrong link. Thanks, triggertreat

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
This looks like so much fun! Maybe it should have been posted in jelrod1's Long Range Rifle thread, but I figured many of us non-long-rangers would enjoy this video, too!

I have a question: at 0:20/ 7:42 , is that lady in the pink blouse the actress from the movie? (Can't be, but darn, she looks authentic).

Link above corrected.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Ever since I bought my Sharps I've been wanting to go. Never can seem to get the time off. One of these years I'll drive over.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Been there many times. "Toppy" Lee who owns the ranch where this takes place also has/had a ranch about 30 miles south of Forsyth, near Colstrip. I went to high school there & spent many years working for him, haying, branding, fixing fence etc. (mostly just good ol' cowboying).
The shoot is great to see. Lots of very nice folks to meet & some damn fine shots.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 705 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That would be a lot of fun. I could get sucked into long range shoots like this far to easily.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Sure looks like a great time!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Oh what fun that looks like! A money hole I need to avoid however. Smile

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8530 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jerod
posted Hide Post
very cool ! Iron sights rule !

Sig 551
W. German P228
W. German P226
Spec. Conf.P220
Navy MK 25
Non rail P229

Posts: 168 | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Practice round from this year's shoot.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Q is a once a year novelty shoot.

There are regular BPCR matches all over the place. I live in Alabama and have shot in Birmingham AL, Cummins GA, St Louis MO, and Friendship IN.

We WILL help you get into another expensive hobby.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
How they are made:

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post