SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Completed my ultimate Ruger 10/22 build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Completed my ultimate Ruger 10/22 build Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted

Ruger 10/22 take-down receiver and bolt

Tactical solutions barrel

Pike trigger housing, bolt handle, rings, and scope base

Tandemkross trigger assembly

Leupold VX-2 3-9x40

Grey Birch La Chassis TKD

Grey Birch recently moved to Florida from Canada to produce their products here in America. The quality is second to none and the customer service I can't say enough about.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Nice! Kinda like an AR, a 10/22 in some flavor is an almost essential addition to the collection.

I ended up with at least 3 of them. Mine are more stock, a little better trigger, extractor & such.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice little plinker!!!

Get a small briefcase for it and it would be perfect for a 1970’s TV show hitman!

A few questionS- why did you choose to put the scope on the receiver vs the barrel?
How do you like the trigger?
I’m asking because soon, a Take-down 10/22 is my next project.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is sweet. Made me go on their website buy I couldn’t find the takedown version. That is a nice little build. Good job.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
How do those takedown models shoot (accuracy) when the sight isn’t mounted on the barrel?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
That is sweet. Made me go on their website buy I couldn’t find the takedown version. That is a nice little build. Good job.

https://gbmfg.co/lachassis-tkd/

NEWSLETTER10 10% discount code Big Grin

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Haven't got this setup to the range but when it was in a Hogue stock, it grouped sub MOA out to at least 50 yards. The Tactical Solutions barrel does not have provisions for mounting an optic. Also the Grey Birch chassis has a second point of contact screw at the rear of the receiver and the take down components are removed from the barrel and housed in the handguard section.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
Haven't got this setup to the range but when it was in a Hogue stock, it grouped sub MOA out to at least 50 yards. The Tactical Solutions barrel does not have provisions for mounting an optic...

I ask because I don't know:
What's your zero after re-mounting the barrel?
Is there that much of a shift in zero?
My thought process is mounting the scope on a cantilever off the barrel, because that would be "truer" to the accuracy of the round.
I could be wrong...

I know that every other gun that isn't a take down, mounting it to the receiver is the norm. But this being a take down, things might be different.

Yes, I know it's a Ruger 10/22 and not a custom built sniper set up, but I want to squeeze as much accuracy as I can out of it, and not worry too much about a change in POA/POI when I take the barrel on and off. Or I just might be asking a question to a non-existing problem.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That's what I love about the 10/22. It's as modular as the AR-15 with tons of support and parts options. I've considered upgrading mine but after I make the parts list, it'd be more practical to start form scratch......so I never get around to it. lol I love how yours turned out. I saw a video once where a guy made a 10/22 with an 8" barrel and a 10" suppressor. The action was louder than the report. It was really cool. That's what I'd like to do.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That is one sweet setup you’ve got there.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Nice takedown.

Buying the most basic 10/22 you can find seems to be the way to go. Only factory upgrade I would want would be a threaded barrel. But looking at my 10/22, it has gone through several upgrades.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
How do you like the TacSol barrel? I remember reading up on them because there was one on hand at my local Sportsman's Warehouse when I was planning my build. I ended up getting a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel instead.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Nice takedown.

Buying the most basic 10/22 you can find seems to be the way to go. Only factory upgrade I would want would be a threaded barrel. But looking at my 10/22, it has gone through several upgrades.

Info on this stock please….

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
That would appear to be a Boyd's At-One laminate stock.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Vulrath got it. Boyd's At-One.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
They're good stocks. The length of pull adjustment mechanism is still one of my favorites next to the one on my ARC Xylo chassis.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That Blue/Gray one looks a LOT like my TacSol X-Ring I grabbed years ago. Good looking rifle.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that stock/chassis setup! Since Butler Creek stopped offering it, have been searching for a reasonable folding replacement. Looks like you found the secret sauce!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post