SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Will a stock Vortex 3x be ok with a front sight post?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a stock Vortex 3x be ok with a front sight post? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Curious if the stock 3X mount allows it to be usable with the traditional front sight on an AR or if it interferes with the dots in the reticle.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
You get a shadow of the sight, kinda like using an ACOG on am m4.

Given that, they are decent little sights for the money, and the spitfire gen II is very small for what it does.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Starting past about 1.5x, the front sight fades. You might end up with a slightly shadow/ghosting of a front sight, but it shouldn't interfere with your 3x sight picture.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The 3x prism is on sale for $199. Pretty tempting.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post