SIGforum
The youngest Miss BB61 is interesting in shooting!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2590010194

April 06, 2022, 08:06 PM
BB61
The youngest Miss BB61 is interesting in shooting!
Today, I took her to the range for the second time. We are still working on basics but she had a good time shooting an M1 Garand (which was long and heavy for someone her size) and a Marlin SBL in 45-70. And “No” I didn’t give her a +P hard cast bear load for the 45-70. It was the first time she had shot a centerfire so she got cowboy loads. Her older brother did get a +P bear load, and possibly wasn’t told that before he shot it. Big Grin

April 06, 2022, 08:21 PM
powermad
Looks like a nice day to be shooting with the kids.

As soon as the woods open back up I'm going out for the day with mine.
April 07, 2022, 01:09 AM
92fstech
Very nice! What a great time for you and her. Those are some awesome guns for a new shooter to get to try out. The first real gun I ever shot was actually an M1 Garand, followed by Ruger Blackhawks in .357 and .44 Mag. I think I was about 11. Little did I know at the time that that experience was going to cost me a LOT of money down the road...and I now own several of each Big Grin.

quote:
Her older brother did get a +P bear load, and possibly wasn’t told that before he shot it.

And that right there sounds exactly like something I would do to my oldest if he was talking smack to his little sister at the range! He's a pretty adept shooter, but he still won't touch my 1895G if it's loaded with anything but Trailboss Big Grin!
April 07, 2022, 08:50 AM
Bob RI
Thats great! Nice to see families having such a good time together.
April 08, 2022, 12:29 PM
darthfuster
Now, after all you’ve done for her from birth to now, you can feel successful as a parent Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
April 08, 2022, 02:21 PM
BB61
^^^
She has no fear. She had not fired a centerfire rifle before this trip but wasn't at all hesitant in shooting one.

She did admit she closed her eyes for the first shot. We had a good laugh over that.

April 09, 2022, 08:40 AM
darthfuster
I look forward to her SigForum membership then. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier