SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The youngest Miss BB61 is interesting in shooting!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The youngest Miss BB61 is interesting in shooting! Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Today, I took her to the range for the second time. We are still working on basics but she had a good time shooting an M1 Garand (which was long and heavy for someone her size) and a Marlin SBL in 45-70. And “No” I didn’t give her a +P hard cast bear load for the 45-70. It was the first time she had shot a centerfire so she got cowboy loads. Her older brother did get a +P bear load, and possibly wasn’t told that before he shot it. Big Grin

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice day to be shooting with the kids.

As soon as the woods open back up I'm going out for the day with mine.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! What a great time for you and her. Those are some awesome guns for a new shooter to get to try out. The first real gun I ever shot was actually an M1 Garand, followed by Ruger Blackhawks in .357 and .44 Mag. I think I was about 11. Little did I know at the time that that experience was going to cost me a LOT of money down the road...and I now own several of each Big Grin.

quote:
Her older brother did get a +P bear load, and possibly wasn’t told that before he shot it.

And that right there sounds exactly like something I would do to my oldest if he was talking smack to his little sister at the range! He's a pretty adept shooter, but he still won't touch my 1895G if it's loaded with anything but Trailboss Big Grin!

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Thats great! Nice to see families having such a good time together.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Now, after all you’ve done for her from birth to now, you can feel successful as a parent Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^
She has no fear. She had not fired a centerfire rifle before this trip but wasn't at all hesitant in shooting one.

She did admit she closed her eyes for the first shot. We had a good laugh over that.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I look forward to her SigForum membership then. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post