SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Buying my first AR and need advice on Christensen Arms " Just bought my first AR today"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying my first AR and need advice on Christensen Arms " Just bought my first AR today" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Regarding optics:
You can go cheap or really spendy. I prefer to split the difference.
Burris makes a red dot setup they call the AR-F3. It's their Fastfire III on the cowitness mount, as a package. Usually around $270.

Fast, bright, and very rugged. A battery lasts about 3 years and can be replaced without unmounting the optic.
It's worth a look.

Bruce

I agree with Bruce. I just got one of these and put it on my M&P Sport II. Very nice light red dot optic for an AR. Very nice features. In my book you can't go wrong with these.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Now that you have your rifle, I would start looking for a local "practical" style rifle competition to shoot in.

The point is not to win. The point is 1) not DQ yourself; 2) shoot your rifle under practical constraints.

For everyone else shooting, maybe its a competition, but for you, it's a chance to validate your setup under stress.

You'll find what does and doesn't work for you in ways that a bench and square range doesn't teach you.

You'll also learn that a rifle is part of a greater system that includes load-bearing equipment, magazines, etc.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post