SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt m4 13629 upper ????????????????????????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt m4 13629 upper ???????????????????????? Login/Join 
posted
There is a Colt M4 complete upper for sale locally, its a unfired carbine for $550. Are these any good? I dont know anything about AR, I have a P556.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The 13629 code is Colt's CAGE code, it's their supplier ID for the government purchasing/material/inventory system. The presence of the code would imply that it's an upper receiver that was manufactured to government spec.

If you don't know anything about ARs that it might be worth mentioning that extra scrutiny is needed to make sure this is a factory upper. Someone can easily assemble a similar upper, or use a Colt receiver with a CAGE code on it to build any kind of AR with parts that range from "barely better than Kyber pass", to "is this for the space program" in quality and price.

If it's a factory upper to my knowledge Colt does not build a "down spec" M4 to the civilian market, so it will most likely be a quality piece.

Colt sells upper receiver groups - meaning the bare receiver, with a barrel, ejection port cover, forward assist, etc - in 3 main configurations.

-Bare OEM. Not much more than a barreled receiver, missing the handguards, bolt carrier group, charging handle. Will have the gas block and tube installed.

-Less BCG/CH. A complete upper, missing only the bolt carrier group and charging handle. And if a flat top, no rear sight.

-Complete. Ready to pin to a lower and blast away. May need sights, and cleaning/lube before hand, but the BCG and CH are present. As such, this is the most expensive category and the only one in which the price tag mentioned would be a deal worth jumping on. Unless you're just looking to get into an AR, then more detail is needed.

Typically the upper will be of a specific configuration. LE6920, for instance, we know is a 16" carbine gas with fixed front sight post and GI handguards.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one is a LE9620 CK complete with bcg, new never fired. What to do for a lower for it?

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Just about any lower will work well.
Aero Precision has complete lowers and are made well.

Edited out scam colt site.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re better off buying a complete Colt 6920 OEM, then add your own furniture.

$750 Colt 6920 OEM2

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the link, I currently have a CR6920 MPS B in cart . I am waiting on an Email from them about taxes on the purchase.

posted Hide Post
I ended up buying a M400 X SDI in Tulsa at Action Arms...........