SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How’s the quality on Anderson lowers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How’s the quality on Anderson lowers? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'v got a couple of Anderson Manufacturing lowers and they are fine. The anodizing is even throughout and the tone of anodizing matches between the two receivers. The machining of the receivers is fine as well. All the holes seem to be within spec.

No difficulties, no complaints and though the last thing I need is another AR, I wouldn't hesitate to use an Anderson lower for a build, and I wouldn't feel shorted in any way.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cheapest is now $40. Scroll down for others.

https://aimsurplus.com/product...i-cal-lower-receiver

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about trying one again as the prices are crazy low.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I've built up at least three Anderson lowers and they worked just fine. But this one really is a lemon.

With the low price, return shipping and having to do another FFL transfer IF they replace it (due to new serial number), it may just be most cost-effective to destroy it. Really don't know what to do here and I want to build this one, so the other two unopened ones are screaming out my name.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
WTF was I thinking? I'll take it to the next Phoenix gun buyback and I'll more than double my money. Oh man, a load off my mind.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have a bunch and they are all just fine.
LGS recently got a bunch of Wilson Combats and was charging $80.
I bought a few. More than I’ll need to build really.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Ive assembled two so far and a friend has assembled one.

Both of us are amateurs and neither of us had any problems during the assembly or subsequent shooting.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8106 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post