SIGforum
How’s the quality on Anderson lowers?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2530097364

February 03, 2023, 10:10 AM
parabellum
How’s the quality on Anderson lowers?
I'v got a couple of Anderson Manufacturing lowers and they are fine. The anodizing is even throughout and the tone of anodizing matches between the two receivers. The machining of the receivers is fine as well. All the holes seem to be within spec.

No difficulties, no complaints and though the last thing I need is another AR, I wouldn't hesitate to use an Anderson lower for a build, and I wouldn't feel shorted in any way.
February 03, 2023, 12:40 PM
Sigmund
The cheapest is now $40. Scroll down for others.

https://aimsurplus.com/product...i-cal-lower-receiver
February 03, 2023, 06:47 PM
patw
I have been thinking about trying one again as the prices are crazy low.
February 03, 2023, 07:24 PM
Rick Lee
FWIW, I've built up at least three Anderson lowers and they worked just fine. But this one really is a lemon.

With the low price, return shipping and having to do another FFL transfer IF they replace it (due to new serial number), it may just be most cost-effective to destroy it. Really don't know what to do here and I want to build this one, so the other two unopened ones are screaming out my name.
February 03, 2023, 07:29 PM
Rick Lee
WTF was I thinking? I'll take it to the next Phoenix gun buyback and I'll more than double my money. Oh man, a load off my mind.
February 03, 2023, 08:31 PM
Black92LX
Yeah, I have a bunch and they are all just fine.
LGS recently got a bunch of Wilson Combats and was charging $80.
I bought a few. More than I’ll need to build really.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
February 03, 2023, 09:39 PM
shovelhead
Ive assembled two so far and a friend has assembled one.

Both of us are amateurs and neither of us had any problems during the assembly or subsequent shooting.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)