SIGforum
You help a friend with some home renovation and what do you get?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2450027494

September 10, 2022, 09:54 AM
clubleaf206
You help a friend with some home renovation and what do you get?
Well, on this occasion, you get this;

And now, the rest of the story:
A friend recently inherited a house, his original plan was to resell it, however he had a change of heart and now will be renting it out, probably to family. First, however there was a matter of removing the wall-to-wall carpet and one room needed some sheetrock repair/replacement and so I offered my assistance. I had no idea how dusty and dirty carpeting can get, after some time. UGH. The room repair consisted of replacing an entire section and some minor patching, he will be doing the repainting on his own. He and I have known each other for years, we share an interest in firearms, and I have mentioned more than once the CAR-15 I owned back in the mid-eighties and how I miss shooting it, sometimes. So, as a way to say thank you, he surprised me with a Palmetto State Armory M4 style rifle, all I had to do was assemble the parts on the stripped lower receiver, after picking it up at the FFL it was sent to. PSA call the upper and lower a "Blem", however I can't see anything wrong. To say that I am excited is an understatement, I haven't owned an AR for a long time.

September 10, 2022, 10:25 AM
ScreamingCockatoo
Well now that's really nice!
I remember when these were all the rage after the sunset on the Clinton assault rifle restrictions.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
September 11, 2022, 09:00 PM
chbibc
That is great!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
September 12, 2022, 01:23 PM
JoshNC
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Well now that's really nice!
I remember when these were all the rage after the sunset on the Clinton assault rifle restrictions.

I don’t recall PSA being around in ‘04.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
September 12, 2022, 03:34 PM
old rugged cross
That is cool Clubleaf, congrats.
Good friends are hard to come by.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
September 12, 2022, 03:41 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
I don’t recall PSA being around in ‘04.

They started in early 2008, which turned out to be just in time for the Obama-era gun rush. That mad rush for all things gun-related is what helped propel PSA into being the market powerhouse it is now.
September 14, 2022, 09:34 AM
Captain Morgan
I helped a co worker with a siding job. I got a 7.7mm Japanese rifle with ammo. Nice rifle by the way.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin