SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Adam's P1 Piston upper 11.5", thoughts? Anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adam's P1 Piston upper 11.5", thoughts? Anyone have one? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
For a complete upper this is a very affordable piston upper. Any good? how about using suppressed?
Wondering why this is only $500. Seems like a heck of a deal considering what the asking price is for complete uppers from about every manufacturer other than PSA????

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I had a 14.5" AA piston upper that I used suppressed that worked great. If you found one that fit your needs, I wouldn't hesitate.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not sure if this is much help, but I have one of their 16" uppers for several years, it has been 100%, and very easy to keep clean.
Barry

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adam's P1 Piston upper

Haven't built any AA recently but do have a couple AA Piston AR's and parts for another.
Don't know how this if any differs from earlier models but they are top notch units albeit a little on the heavy side.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of their 7.5” piston uppers on a SBR, never had any problems with it. I don’t have a suppressor in 5.56 that is rated to handle that short of a barrel so can’t speak on that part of the question. The upper works perfectly and stays clean. Those to the left and right when shooting it may disagree with its bark Smile

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
I have one of their 7.5” piston uppers on a SBR, never had any problems with it. I don’t have a suppressor in 5.56 that is rated to handle that short of a barrel so can’t speak on that part of the question. The upper works perfectly and stays clean. Those to the left and right when shooting it may disagree with its bark Smile

Ditto - Tac Evo 7.5” SBR and a Griffen Armament Paladin/Alpha keeping it staplegun quiet. The upper was around $700 in 2016, so a piston 11.5” with adjustable gas block at $500 is a deal!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
That company is dead to me. A .308 piston rifle, that was way way over gassed and jammed every other shot. Went back twice and their “gunsmith” thought the best way to fix it was to grind away about 50% of the feed ramp and locking and star chamber. When I got it back it looked like criminal negligence. There was no other explanation for what they did to my gun. Wouldn’t replace it or fix it more than they did. Sold it at a huge loss.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post