SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and M*Carbo upgrades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and M*Carbo upgrades Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted
If I were a person who remembered to take pictures and document the little projects I do I could make a great post here with pictures and videos showing the upgrades from MCarbo I added to my Sub 2000.

M*Carbo has a nice little trigger replacement; springs, trigger, trigger bar that, along with a nice polish of the sear and hammer, make a great upgrade to a fun carbine.

I also added the buffer "Cherry lifesaver", two finger charging handle, and extended magazine release.

The difference is quite remarkable. The trigger feels much smoother with less uptake and a much better reset. The felt recoil is noticeably diminished and overall the install went well.

M*Carbo has instructional videos that cover the install and includes some really helpful tips. I managed to tweak one of the C clips that retain the safety switch but it still works. (I need to find another because I don't want to push my luck too far.)

Overall I am really pleased with the upgrades to the Sub 2000. The M*Carbo stuff seems well made and the install went as they said it would.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted

I just watched a YouTube video from a fellow that did a lot of upgrades including M Carbo. He also had a neat hand guard on which he mounted a scout scope and it rotated into position and out of the way. Pretty cool solutions.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Thank you, rsbolo, for this write-up.
I shoot a Gen 1 Sub2k in Steel Challenge matches. Stock innards.
Naturally, the plastic trigger bar, etc. can only go so far and so fast.
The MCarbo upgrades are next, but I didn't know anybody who had installed them.
Your review put me over the edge.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post