SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Flash Cans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Flash Cans Login/Join 
Picture of aguilar64
posted
Looking to buy some AR flash Cans for 9MM and 223, they have to be 1/2X28 and between 2.75 inches and 3 inches overall length, any help will be appreciated.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2206 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Like mock moderators?

https://retrorifles.com/modera...-commando-1963-1974/

Or "flaming pig" type doohickies?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Something like this one:

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2206 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KAK would be my source if I was looking for one. They seem to have lots of options.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
For my 8" 9mm I went with a KVP linear comp.
https://www.kawvalleyprecision...near-Comps-s/100.htm
A 2" one at first, then I got a 9" handguard and used the 4" one to clear it better.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
For my 8" 9mm I went with a KVP linear comp.
https://www.kawvalleyprecision...near-Comps-s/100.htm
A 2" one at first, then I got a 9" handguard and used the 4" one to clear it better.

Looking at the slim XL for my Banshee in 10mm powermad, how have you liked the XL model compared to the regular, wondering if its worth the additional 2"

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I just got some more cans from S&P outfitters.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking at the slim XL for my Banshee in 10mm powermad, how have you liked the XL model compared to the regular, wondering if its worth the additional 2"

Sound wise they both seem the same.
With the short one.

XL

I'm gathering parts for a 12.5" 5.56 and will probably use a short one on it.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
quote:

Sound wise they both seem the same.
With the short one.

XL

I'm gathering parts for a 12.5" 5.56 and will probably use a short one on it.

Thank you, think I'll stick with the short then and just get a 9" rail to cover it mostly.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.griffinarmament.co...hread+Pitch=1%2F2x28

https://www.griffinarmament.co...vices/blast-shields/

I've got the QD blast shield and use it on the NT4 compensator on an 5.56 AR pistol with an 11in barrel.
There's a noticeable difference between with and without, it sure does push stuff foreword!

Buddy of mine has a Surefire on his, and is pretty happy with Surefire.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can y'all help me understand these things? I can see adding MAYBE 2" (~1" OAL when compared to A2), in an effort to push the blast of a shorty away from you. But beyond that it seems like it's just cancelling out the shorty advantage you originally sought.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've got a KVP 2" unit on my MPX as a stopgap until the suppressor comes in. I got it primarily because it will allow me to use a longer handguard and not blast my fingers off...and it was also available for metric threading (SIG and their obsession with metric 9mm muzzles Roll Eyes ).

On a 9mm, I'll say it does slightly mitigate the blast on an 8" gun vs. an A2 style birdcage. Have not shot it in the dark to judge any flash reduction.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Can y'all help me understand these things? I can see adding MAYBE 2" (~1" OAL when compared to A2), in an effort to push the blast of a shorty away from you. But beyond that it seems like it's just cancelling out the shorty advantage you originally sought.

When I’ve seen them it’s to get the muzzle blast past the free float tube-so it doesn’t get jacked up from the blast.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surefire Warden Thread On.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post