SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Alternative to Noveske Switchblock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative to Noveske Switchblock Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
12 years or so ago when I bought my dedicated suppressed upper, Noveske was about the best game in town. I have the AAC SPR/M4 can which is an over the barrel design so their 12.5" upper worked perfectly.

I'm planning on moving that can to a 16 or 18" upper and buying one so I can use it on 11.5" and shorter.

With that said, in my experience, an adjustable gas block is HUGE improvement with regards to gas to the face, shooting with the switchblock vs without is night and day. So without being married to the Noveske brand, what are some other comparable designs or manufacturers you guys have experience with?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
This fella made some of the best ones when I was looking a while back.

https://suparms.com/collections

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the Superlative Arms one for a while on my 6.5G with no issues. I bought another one for a 300blk build.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the switchblock myself (still have one my 18 inch that I had to mill a forend out to work with it), but if buying today, I'm really liking the block Wilson combat put out. 16 positions, detent built in, and basically scrapes it clean when adjusting.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe consider an adjuatable carrier too; I have had good experiences with them. I asked about AR15 silencer tuning recently, and a user named rustpot had some great info. Maybe read that thread too.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And POF makes a gas block called the "Dictator". I haven't used one, but i always thought they looked like a really good option.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
How's the Aero Precision Adjustable Gas Block?

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Maybe consider an adjuatable carrier too; I have had good experiences with them. I asked about AR15 silencer tuning recently, and a user named rustpot had some great info. Maybe read that thread too.

I really dig the Bootleg and Gemtech adjustable carriers.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post