SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I want an AUG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want an AUG Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
kimberkid, how does it run suppressed? Did you have to go with the suppressor gas plug? I’ve toyed with the idea of running my Omega36m on my AUG, but I haven’t run down all the parts I would need to make it work.

It runs about the same as any other piston gun does when suppressed, there is a first round pop and a little gassy but I don't have any 223 subsonic ... I also got a valve to run suppressed but there isn't a noticeable difference between normal and the subsonic setting.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to use a low back pressure can on the AUG if you want to shoot it suppressed. I had an AAC M4-2000 on mine for a bit and it SUCKED. I now use a SF 762 SOCOM RC with the suppressed gas valve and it’s nice, though nowhere as nice as a properly set up AR with a can.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC aren't there 3 gas settings on an AUG? I thought one was for supersonic ammo, one was for subsonic w/suppressor and the last one was for grenade launcher (totally serious).

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
IIRC aren't there 3 gas settings on an AUG? I thought one was for supersonic ammo, one was for subsonic w/suppressor and the last one was for grenade launcher (totally serious).

Two active gas settings: Suppressed and unsuppressed. Subsonic 5.56/223 is not common. No clue if it would cycle the rifle on the suppressed setting. I doubt it.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just got my hands on my buddy’s new AUG. it had an ACOG, offset mini reflex, and a few other upgrades. Now I want one.

Dammit.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I say get one flesheatingvirus! Have my A3 NATO with a Steiner M332, Surefire Vampire, and a BFG Vickers 2 point sling. It’s perfect. Shot it a couple weekends back and I didn’t want to stop shooting. Bought it thinking I better get it while the getting was good. Glad I did. Now if I can just find out the lead time on CCR’s refinishing I’ll have it perfect soon. Or if I can find a replacement black NATO stock at
a reasonable price….

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post

I love my AUG A3 SA. only problem is it does not like steel case. FTEs and short stroke all the time. Brass case is good to go. Was trying to find a NATO stock to run stanag mags since I have a spare NATO trigger pack but neither Steyr or PJs have any in stock. Not going the "Please Rip Me Off" Gun Broker route.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Here is your chance for a black nato version.

https://dkfirearms.com/product...a7&mc_eid=999dec83f8

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is this a reliable and known vendor? I'm looking for one.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I done business with them before. Purchased a Stribog and everything went well. Seen them around for awhile now. That’s about all the personal experience I can say about them. I’d order from them again based on my last transaction. I wish I’d bought my AUG from them at this price but then they weren’t as available when I had the cash.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So did the OP end up getting an AUG?

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
So did the OP end up getting an AUG?

Sadly. Not yet.

OP saw that JDI was importing 551s and spent his Australian fund on Swiss goods

Fear not. I will succeed.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’ll just leave this right here. Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4950050484

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:

I'm rooting for ya, man. Smile

This thread isn't doing me any favors. Never really had a desire for an AUG, but I've caught the bullpup bug, and I find myself thinking "it's iconic, it's the bullpup to own..." etc.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:

OP saw that JDI was importing 551s and spent his Australian fund on Swiss goods

OP made a good decision. I had an AUG, and I agree it is the bullpup to have. It really comes down to if you're a bullpup guy or not. I am not, and I don't miss the AUG. It's a cool gun to have in a collection, but I don't have that kind of cheddar, to where I am concerned about filling gaps in a collection. The 55X guns are badass, and you'll be happy with that 551. I am admittedly super biased though, as I am a big fan of the 55X, and have quite a few. At the end of the day though, I prostrate myself before the altar of the AR15, despite the fact that my 55Xs outnumber my ARs.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post