SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I want an AUG
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want an AUG Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
kimberkid, how does it run suppressed? Did you have to go with the suppressor gas plug? I’ve toyed with the idea of running my Omega36m on my AUG, but I haven’t run down all the parts I would need to make it work.

It runs about the same as any other piston gun does when suppressed, there is a first round pop and a little gassy but I don't have any 223 subsonic ... I also got a valve to run suppressed but there isn't a noticeable difference between normal and the subsonic setting.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5445 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to use a low back pressure can on the AUG if you want to shoot it suppressed. I had an AAC M4-2000 on mine for a bit and it SUCKED. I now use a SF 762 SOCOM RC with the suppressed gas valve and it’s nice, though nowhere as nice as a properly set up AR with a can.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2141 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC aren't there 3 gas settings on an AUG? I thought one was for supersonic ammo, one was for subsonic w/suppressor and the last one was for grenade launcher (totally serious).

Posts: 160 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
IIRC aren't there 3 gas settings on an AUG? I thought one was for supersonic ammo, one was for subsonic w/suppressor and the last one was for grenade launcher (totally serious).

Two active gas settings: Suppressed and unsuppressed. Subsonic 5.56/223 is not common. No clue if it would cycle the rifle on the suppressed setting. I doubt it.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2141 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just got my hands on my buddy’s new AUG. it had an ACOG, offset mini reflex, and a few other upgrades. Now I want one.

Dammit.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 15797 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post