SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Cases for Bullpups/SBRs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cases for Bullpups/SBRs Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I'm specifically trying to decide on a case for my AUG, but most cases marketed for SBR owners seem to fit, too. The AUG is just a hair over 28" in OAL.

I'm looking at these two:

Savior Equipment Coffin T.G.B

Elite Survival Systems Covert Operations Discreet Case

Lynx Defense's Bureau case is similar, but it just seems overpriced for what you get.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the cause of the price difference. While there seem to be more features on the Coffin, the Elite case is made of different material. Other than that...?

Any comments or other suggestions? My main requirements are that I'd prefer a soft case that fits the bullpup. I already am using the old case from my M4gery, and it's way too long. Some type of storage for at least 4-6 magazines is nice, plus a bit extra for a suppressor and some other small items.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m bought this and am pretty happy with it. I like that it’s not black too. I’ve had it for almost three years and use it a lot to transport firearms and it’s held up well. There are three outer pockets, I usually use one for a pistol and then the other two for mags. There are two rifle compartments so sometimes I’ll put pistols in the second, though there is no pocket for them so I use soft pistol cases.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...pop_mob_b_asin_title

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have the exact same blue 30” UTG case that Pale Horse linked to from Amazon in his post and I’ve been more than satisfied with it, especially for the cost. With the divider in place I can carry both my 10.5” 5.56 AR pistol along with my .300 Blackout pistol…it’s got plenty of space for magazines or pretty much anything that you might need in the 3 pockets.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
That looks like the Coffin one I linked to, but $30 less! Nice.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
You might be able to stuff it in the SERT Takedown case. Internal length is 28, but There's probably enough give to stretch it in there, or put it at an angle a little.

https://sert.us/collections/rifle-bags-cases

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
That looks like the Coffin one I linked to, but $30 less! Nice.

I’m pretty sure I bought it based on recommendations from this forum too. I was a little worried because it was so much cheaper than most alternatives but so far I am very impressed. My Tavor fits perfectly, as does my 10.5” AR and my AK pistol with a folding brace. I even put full-size ARs in it, I just break them down first. I like it because it’s more discrete than most alternatives.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Not cheap at all, but I like Haley Strategic's INCOG case:

https://haleystrategic.com/sho...-bag-disruptive-grey

Expensive, but it's nice and has some good flexibility with what you can store inside with your carbine.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I hadn't even heard of some of these brands. Good stuff to bookmark.

Thanks!

posted Hide Post

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
https://www.peakcase.com/peakc...ultralight-case.html

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
While I can't speak to a case for the Aug, I am very happy with my Savior cases.

I used a dscount code that youtuber IraqVeteran8888 provided. The code was over a year old at my time of purchase, but it still works. Just search up his video review of Savior. And, as an extra bonus, the inside of the shipping cartons have targets printed!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I bought a 511 on recommendation from somewhere and it’s perfect for a bullpup or SBR’s however it only has a 1 Velcro strap at the top and a pocket for the other end … it does have another zippered compartment but nothing to secure mags or other gear … it’s well made but for what you get it wasn’t worth the price … but it doesn’t look like a gun case

They do make an insert for the pocket to put gear on, but in good conscious I can’t recommend it.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a Grey Ghost Apparition pack and its what I've been looking for. Hides my Aug and MDRx without issues. They do pretty good sales for holidays so I recommend them. Now I have a shitload of other rando backpacks laying about.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had one made for my 551 and I’m very happy with it

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Not cheap at all, but I like Haley Strategic's INCOG case:

https://haleystrategic.com/sho...-bag-disruptive-grey

Expensive, but it's nice and has some good flexibility with what you can store inside with your carbine.

This is my suggestion as well.
Made in the USA.

Haley’s stuff is really well though out.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post