SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Impulse buy at the LGS yesterday - Ugly shotgun content inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impulse buy at the LGS yesterday - Ugly shotgun content inside Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I've done rust bluing before, but only on handguns. I don't have a container to boil water in big enough to accommodate long gun parts or barrels. I probably ought to correct that.

You can use a turkey fryer and a section of aluminum gutter from lowes. I’ve seen Mark from Anvil (YouTube) do that

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Aluminum gutter is a good idea...I don't have a Turkey fryer, but I do have a grill. The cold blue actually looks pretty good...if it holds up I'll probably just leave it. But if it ends up wearing badly, I may give the gutter rust blue technique a try.

I got my chokes in the other day and went out and put some slugs and buckshot through it...not that those are my intended use for this gun, but you've gotta know if it will run them, right? It ate them all without any drama. I'm liking this gun!

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post