SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Wow! People must really want a 550/551 scope mount.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Wow! People must really want a 550/551 scope mount. Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
Check out GB Auction# 913624626. With five days to go, the current bid is $3300+ for a 550/551 scope mount with a Z24 Hensoldt scope attached. The scope is worth no more than $1000, so that puts the scope mount value at $2300. Unbelievable! I wonder if this auction will hit $5000. In this crazy slo joe economy it just might.

--> Per post #4 below, I removed the link to this GB auction. <--

This is not my auction and I have no idea who the seller is!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MG34_Dan,

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Report This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Many, but not all, of the upper end Sig buyers often have more dollars than sense. Wink It can be fun to watch at times.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell I wish I had more dollars than sense sometimes. I'd like to have one of those setups myself, but it doesn't have much of a practical application, and I sure wouldn't want to ding it up. You don't see those often, and I can see the appeal for a collector. You could have a custom mount made, for that money, but that wouldn't have the collector value.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Linking to live auctions = no no

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
... for a 550/551 scope mount with a Z24 Hensoldt scope attached. The scope is worth no more than $1000.... [/b]

....$1000 IF it comes wiht the .223BDC. I assume the scope to be Bundeswehr surplus with 7.62 caps. It´s value is about USD 500.- with the HK claw mount, box and accessories. Under this circumstance, the value of your mount will raise up to USD 2800.-, not only USD 2300.-. Wink.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see this as bidders who are desperate for either the mount or the scope. The minimum bid is $3350, the current bid is $3325. If I understand the GB bidding process correctly, this item won't sell at this price.

I suspect the buyer might have buddies trying to bid up the price to the desired ludicrous level, then a bidder with more bucks than brains will take the bait.

Posts: 7875 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suspect the buyer might have buddies trying to bid up the price to the desired ludicrous level, then a bidder with more bucks than brains will take the bait.

Never understood this "tactic". List the damn thing with a starting bid that is the least you're currently willing to accept for the item, and have an optimistic BIN.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
I don't see this as bidders who are desperate for either the mount or the scope. The minimum bid is $3350, the current bid is $3325. If I understand the GB bidding process correctly, this item won't sell at this price.

You read it wrong. The item will absolutely sell at the current price. Whether or not the buyer is real and/or actually pays is another thing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Check out GB Auction# 913624626. With five days to go, the current bid is $3300+ for a 550/551 scope mount with a Z24 Hensoldt scope attached. The scope is worth no more than $1000, so that puts the scope mount value at $2300. Unbelievable! I wonder if this auction will hit $5000. In this crazy slo joe economy it just might.

--> Per post #4 below, I removed the link to this GB auction. <--

This is not my auction and I have no idea who the seller is!

There have been a number of bizarrely high auction closing prices over the past year. In some cases, you get bidders who get lost in bidding and then don’t pay. I’ve had this happen a few times.

In other cases, I suspect it’s the uninformed nouveau JDI era SIG collectors who don’t actually understand what they are bidding on, think something is correct/rare, then get caught up in the bidding war that elicits a gambling-like mentality.

quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:

Never understood this "tactic". List the damn thing with a starting bid that is the least you're currently willing to accept for the item, and have an optimistic BIN.

Penny start no reserve 7-14 day auction ending on a Sunday around 9-9:30 pm eastern time is a proven method to realize the highest selling price. Shill bidding is the realm of scumbags. A legitimate penny start no reserve auction is great as a seller.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2324 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, got it. I was thinking of reserve price. It's been many years since I have purchased anything on GB.

$3k for that combo does show more bucks than brains. For that money I could buy a NF ATACR scope, a solid NF mount, and have cash left over. And the optics could go on an AR15 that would shoot circles around a 550/551.

Posts: 7875 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
In other cases, I suspect it’s the uninformed nouveau JDI era SIG collectors who don’t actually understand what they are bidding on, think something is correct/rare

Is this mount not arguably both correct and rare? I suppose both those terms are subjective, as is value, but it is likely not a copy or anything.
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
Penny start no reserve 7-14 day auction ending on a Sunday around 9-9:30 pm eastern time is a proven method to realize the highest selling price. Shill bidding is the realm of scumbags. A legitimate penny start no reserve auction is great as a seller.

I would consider that if I were to sell my P7 or something, but I typically do it the way I described, as I am usually doing lower-dollar parts and such.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Ding, ding, ding!

We're now at $3890 with three days to go. Come on guys, let's get moving. We need to hit $5K+ by close.

The Hensoldt Z24 Stanag scope is cammed for .308/7.62 NATO not .223/5.56 NATO. The scope mount is a correct and complete SIG 550/551 mount.

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this mount not arguably both correct and rare? I suppose both those terms are subjective, as is value, but it is likely not a copy or anything.

The mount is not common in the US, but I also would not call it rare. The optic is not correct for a SIG. I am assuming that someone or some people are bidding thinking this is a factory correct optic/mount combo.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2324 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone commenting here have one of these mounts? If so, what do you think of it?

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone commenting here have one of these mounts? If so, what do you think of it?

I have one for each of my 550s. They work great!

quote:
Ding, ding, ding!

We're now at $3890 with three days to go. Come on guys, let's get moving. We need to hit $5K+ by close.

I knew I could count on the members here. The auction is now at $4K with two days and four hours left. Just a little bit more to hit our $5K goal. I know you can do it!

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
SIG offered two types. The STANAG type discussed in this thread and another one built as a clamp base which will take adapters for the system you want . (STANAG, Zeiss, Weaver, Trijicion or Mil-Std 1913) or the sniper mount which comes with a ZEISS adapter rail. Using the STANAG type with an A.R.M.S STANAG/Mil-Std adapter is an option but the mount will become to hight, STANAG scope rings might be an option.If you have a scope with STANAG feet, go wiht the STANAG mount in Dan`s picture. If you want a different optic, get the mulitfunctional SIG camping base with a Mil-Std adapter.The current price for the Swiss army type STANAG mount is in the range of CHF 800.- the clamp base with an adapters mentioned above around CHF 650.-. Either one is original. Either one is professional gear and is used as such.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ding, ding, ding!

I knew I could count on the members here. The auction is now at $4K with two days and four hours left. Just a little bit more to hit our $5K goal. I know you can do it!

Count on the members for what, exactly?

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
crazy

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Report This Post