SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Father/Daughter Sporting Clays
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father/Daughter Sporting Clays Login/Join 
posted
My middle daughter treated me to a round of sporting clays today.

She provided the 12 gauge shells, paid for the the 100 clays each at 14 stations, the golf cart, and lunch afterwards.

All I provided was the shotguns and drove my truck.

Awesome day.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. I've been itching to play a round recently now that it's cooled off.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks like Elm Fork. Good times.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Elm Fork.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... and a great time was had by all!!
Congrats on a very cool daughter.

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is a wonderful lady, loves the outdoors, shooting sports, and dedicated to friends, family, and most of all, the Lord.

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. Looks like you two thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. It’s been entirely too long since I’ve shot clays.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that's Elm Fork, I've been there many times. Its a great place to spend time with your kids. When my son is home from college he always asks to go there.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You raised yours right for sure! Thanks for sharing such a great memory with all of us. Hope to get mine out to shoot some clays soon!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Always fun!

My son and I and his friend went out last spring. Now that it is cool, we should go again.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Always fun!

My son and I and his friend went out last spring. Now that it is cool, we should go again.

Blackwood in Conroe (on FM2854) has a fun course
Preferred it to Creekwood on 105

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Always fun!

We last went to Blackwood. They do have a nice setup. I have never been to Creekwood.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Always fun!

We last went to Blackwood. They do have a nice setup. I have never been to Creekwood.

Creekwood pretty much circles their little lake/pond & most of the rounds shoot over the water.
Blackwood was more challenging, IMO, with it being almost all wooded.

We should set up a N Houston Sporting Clays meet, if the ground ever dries out.