SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What scope are you using on your 7.62 battle rifle?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What scope are you using on your 7.62 battle rifle? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ever picked up any of the other choices?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11093 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Articwolf59
posted Hide Post
This:
https://www.primaryarms.com/pr...blk-762x39mm-reticle
Short, Medium, Long…great all around scope.

P210 Target, P210 Standard P210 Carry, P220, P226, P232

Posts: 12 | Registered: February 11, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
My 16” .308 has a Primary Arms 2.5-10. The BDC seemed to work out to the 600yds my friend and I test, I think it’s a nice enough scope for my Aero M5.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2491 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
SWFA 1-6 HD. Great glass but the reticle is outdated and basic. I like the ATACR 1-8 the best I think, not cheap though. The Vortex 1-10 makes a lot of sense but I like the ATACR glass better.

This does the job for me just fine though and it's paid for.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7004 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SWFA 1-6 HD
Good on you, for not using a cantilever mount where it's not needed. I know a lot of folks already have cantilever mounts on hand, so they end up on monolithic receivers, but it's nice to see setups like yours.

Posts: 2394 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I got lucky, some fella was dumping this and I got it cheap. It's NSN marked SCAR mount. I ran across it by accident and had forgotten about it. I used to have a Bobro cant on it because that's how I got it from SWFA. Now it's on an AR.

upload pix

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7004 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
NF NX8 1-8 on my Scar 17.

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post

Old School Leupold Mk4 1.5-5 w/ SPR reticle for me. Works like a charm.

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 154 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my SCAR 17 I use a Vortex HD Gen 3 1X10. It's on a Scalerworks mount.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’m also running a Nightforce NX8 on my Scar 17.

Posts: 6033 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Steiner T536 on my PTR HK91 clone.

Posts: 2181 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Elcan Spector DR 1.5/6 on my black Scar 17.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2678 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Elcan Spector DR 1.5/6 on my black Scar 17.

How do you like it? I’m on the fence between that and an NX8.

Posts: 2428 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A Kahles K16i in a Bobro mount

Which reticle?

Posts: 8167 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SM1

Posts: 108621 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily a battle rifle, but I just ordered a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 for my Ruger American Gen 2 in .308. Now I just have to figure out which mount to use.

Posts: 3527 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Red dot EO Tech or U.S. Optics on the battle rifle... Depends on the mission and I like both. The USO scope is VERY clear and has a great reticle.

Choose wisely, but my go to scope on Battle Rifles (M1A/M-14's) is generally a Leupold MK IV 3.5 x 10 w/mil-dot reticle. It's great to have choices...

Wes

Posts: 2447 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 716 Tread wears an older Leupold 3x10x40 VariX3, DNZ AR mount. Rifle is heavier than I want it to be, but that's without scope, Sig made a heavy rifle with the Tread, but this combo is a tackdriver!

Posts: 78 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post