SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR-15 Stock Folder Adapters Advice Needed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR-15 Stock Folder Adapters Advice Needed Login/Join 
posted
Need advice on AR-15 stock folding adapter. I think that the Law Tactical is considered the gold standard and it is priced accordingly and often difficult to find. Lately I have seen several different brands available. Does anyone have any experience with any of the brands other than Law Tactical and would you recommend it?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
Do you need to use the buffer tube? A lot of "AR-15" folding stock adapters do not require it. I have folding adapters on AK's , MPAR's, several others. If you do require it, the LAW is probably the one you should look in to.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mettlepig:
Do you need to use the buffer tube? A lot of "AR-15" folding stock adapters do not require it. I have folding adapters on AK's , MPAR's, several others. If you do require it, the LAW is probably the one you should look in to.

Need it for a standard AR15 with buffer tube.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
When I was looking into the cheaper ones it looked like the $100 saved would be $150 wasted before long so I just went with the Law folder.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
saw a lower a few days ago that was made with the folder or folding mechanism built it,

cannot remember the name of the company

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
When I was looking into the cheaper ones it looked like the $100 saved would be $150 wasted before long so I just went with the Law folder.

What was you conclusion based on? Reviews you read? Hands on? Looking at design? Quality of materials?

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The Law is a cleaner looking install and not two castle nuts.
The aluminium ones I seen reviews on started showing rapid wear to the hinge detents.
The steel bearings over aluminum isn't a good combo.
Then it starts getting floppy when folded.
Not a big deal I suppose as it only effects it when it's folded, but that would drive me nuts.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
saw a lower a few days ago that was made with the folder or folding mechanism built it,

17 Designs?

https://aimsurplus.com/17-desi...ding-lower-receiver/

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

17 Designs?

https://aimsurplus.com/17-desi...ding-lower-receiver/

yep,

nice looking lower, the foldy part was a bit stiff to work w/o a receiver extension on it, but that's a good thing

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Buy once, cry once. Get the LAW

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Law Folder is the one.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I have two LAWs, I like them. I worked with a couple of guys who tried to save money with the Sylvans, they’re about half as much as the LAWs. They were decent but not quite as nicely finished as the LAWs.

If I wanted a folder on a range toy, a .22 AR or a PCC, I might go Sylvan. Everything else, a LAW.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Yup. This is what I have been looking for. Out of stock everywhere. Signed up for email notifications. Nothing yet. It has been months.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Buy once, cry once. Get the LAW

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Law Tactical is the way to go. I'll likely be doing a large-ish order on the LE side with them soon; send me an email and I'll do my best to hook you up with one off my order.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownells sent out an email recently that they had some in stock. I think it was the 17 Designs one.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the LAW. I love mine!
Folded Stock Adaptor w/o sling. by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Single Point Ssling by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses. It seems that the LAW is the way to go.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I put an ACE AR folder on my first (early, pre folder) SiG 556, well made but not made to retain a buffer ... not sure why they call it an AR buffer-hinge ...on the other hand, it was also works well on my CMMG AR-22. There’s also a even cheaper one ($40 IIRC) also not made to retain a buffer ... all aluminum, they are king of crap!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
As of the time of this posting, Brownell's has the LAW folder in black in stock. I got the e-mail last night and put one on the credit card. I have the Sylvan Arms one, but haven't tried it. I will replace it with the LAW Tactical.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Shield Arms also has the SA-15 Receiver. It has a built in folding mechanism, however I don't have much feedback on it other than they have it in stock for $299.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post