SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looks Like Sig is Releasing the Sig Spear LT in 5.56 Soon (or MCX Gen 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks Like Sig is Releasing the Sig Spear LT in 5.56 Soon (or MCX Gen 3) Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
Found this video today from Garand Thumb and this is the first “official” news that the MCX is getting an update. Help yourselves.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Spot on….. love my Virtus, but it’s a little heavy. Sucks that the hand guard doesn’t interchange. Digging the camo paint job too lol

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yep, only complaint is the weight and how chonky the handguards are.

Certainly not replacing my SBR Virtus, but would consider adding one of these in the future.

Smaller handguards and the nifty right side bolt catch is a big plus.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
TFB TV has a video with Phil Strader now.

Cliff notes from both from the videos and updates in the commments:

- Now accepts AR15 triggers
- Full Ambi Lower
- MSRP $2499
- Available in 5.56/.300 BLK/7.62x39
- 11.5” and 16” barrels for 5.56/7.62, 9” and 16” in .300 BLK
- About a half pound lighter than Gen 2
- Lighter and slimmer handguard
- Gen 3 Uppers will work with Gen 2 lowers

Garand Thumb did update in his comments:

quote:
Correction to Sig Optic information on the Romeo8. Made in America. Emitter in made in South Korea, Circuit boards are assembled in Washington and housings are made in Oregon.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think I’ll stick with my original MCX. Tired of chasing SiG generations and parts for the new versions not compatible with the older models.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Think I’ll stick with my original MCX. Tired of chasing SiG generations and parts for the new versions not compatible with the older models.

Same here but I’m a few years behind. Sticking with the 556xi pistol, lol.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
The new Sig marketing machine. Looks like a good rifle. I don't know about $2500 good.

The TFB video said it would be available as I'm watching the video. Don't see it anywhere currently.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
$2500 is in line with what the MCX has/does cost.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
The new Sig marketing machine. Looks like a good rifle. I don't know about $2500 good.

The TFB video said it would be available as I'm watching the video. Don't see it anywhere currently.

According to Garand Thumb they'll be shipping sometime this week. It's also Sunday and most gun stores seem to be closed Sunday and Monday.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
No sku numbers listed yet at RSR, maybe Monday.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
No sku numbers listed yet at RSR, maybe Monday.

Nothing at Lipseys either

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Yeah, I recall it being 1800 range before the apocalypse was ushered in. I can get my head around 1800 for a 556 rifle that is cutting edge. Same story when the SCAR 16 came out.

At 2200 I start to get a bad taste in my mouth, 2500 hurts the soul, and 3K just seems unnecessary.

But that's just me. No judgment to others.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Yeah, I recall it being 1800 range before the apocalypse was ushered in. I can get my head around 1800 for a 556 rifle that is cutting edge. Same story when the SCAR 16 came out.

At 2200 I start to get a bad taste in my mouth, 2500 hurts the soul, and 3K just seems unnecessary.

But that's just me. No judgment to others.

Minimum advertised price set by Sig is $2,199. So that is the price you will see on the shelf at most dealers. There is still two or three hundred to negotiate from there Big Grin

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Guess no one is going to be doing pistols anymore.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a bone to pick with the MCX, but I am curious what others think of it, in comparison to existing piston AR-15s. The LMTs and LWRCs pre-date the MCX, I believe they're lighter, and they're less proprietary. They seem to boast all the same features, aside from a folding stock. The LMTs even have a "quick-change" barrel, which is likely comparable to the MCX's. Does a folding stock really make that much of difference? I understand the recoil system is different, but, other than facilitating the folding stock, is it actually any other sort of improvement? I know the folding stock is desirable in specific use-cases, but that's certainly not the main topic of discussion, when people fawn over the MCX. I am not implying anyone here is fawning.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woohoo! Sig announces a new AR-ish-like-sorta-kinda rifle!

It's new.
It's mo' bettah than our last dozens of rifle generations, that we didn't support, that we didn't provide parts & conversions for, that were slow to hit the market, and that we later discontinued.

It gots new features & stuff, cuz 5.56 semi-auto rifles haven't been on the market long enough to work out the kinks.

It will only cost as much as the tried & true premium AR15s -- which have proven themselves over decades of use.

whatever

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, there's a dose of the cold truth for you.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
lol fritz

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Guess no one is going to be doing pistols anymore.

Don't be silly! You just pay the same price with no pistol brace Roll Eyes

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
How about that. The model list I saw did not include any pistols just SBRs.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post