SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Another AR question: Rifle length buffer and spring?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another AR question: Rifle length buffer and spring? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The good news for me is that I have all the Geissele triggers and handguards and all the ALG triggers I want or need, and then some.

From this point, they'll get no more of my money, and when I heard about this crap they were pulling, I fired off an email for the ages, though I doubt they give a shit. Like I told them in the email, I'm just one person, and the loss of my business will go unnoticed.

But, what I can do is to let others know about the way they behaved, and if anyone asks for recommendations for any type of product Geissele sells, I will always recommend some other manufacturer.

"But, Para, lots of manufacturers of gun components did the very same thing!"

Yes, that's true, but for me, there's a difference- the difference is that before they pulled their cowardly crap, I was a tremendous fan of Geissele products. I raved about their triggers, built two rifles around their handguards, bought a ton of ALG triggers, too. When I love a company- when I think there's something special about that company, I hold them to a higher standard,so, when they fuck up, they really fuck up with me.

The same goes for SIG-Sauer. I expect more from them, much more, and when they disappoint, you'll hear it from me on the pages of this forum.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Got my Wolff extra power springs in the mail. Yeah, it was time for a new spring. I used to be able to ease the bolt closed and had to use the forward assist to close the bolt all the way. With the new spring, it doesn't matter how slow I ease the bolt forward. It always overcomes the gas ring tension and closes the bolt all the way.

I ordered two, so I should be good for a while.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The good news for me is that I have all the Geissele triggers and handguards and all the ALG triggers I want or need, and then some.

From this point, they'll get no more of my money, and when I heard about this crap they were pulling, I fired off an email for the ages, though I doubt they give a shit. Like I told them in the email, I'm just one person, and the loss of my business will go unnoticed.

But, what I can do is to let others know about the way they behaved, and if anyone asks for recommendations for any type of product Geissele sells, I will always recommend some other manufacturer.

"But, Para, lots of manufacturers of gun components did the very same thing!"

Yes, that's true, but for me, there's a difference- the difference is that before they pulled their cowardly crap, I was a tremendous fan of Geissele products. I raved about their triggers, built two rifles around their handguards, bought a ton of ALG triggers, too. When I love a company- when I think there's something special about that company, I hold them to a higher standard,so, when they fuck up, they really fuck up with me.

The same goes for SIG-Sauer. I expect more from them, much more, and when they disappoint, you'll hear it from me on the pages of this forum.

I couldn't agree more. If someone as a money paying freedom loving human does not stand up for what they believe in they carry zero value to me. So, no more Carhartt, Geissele, Levis, Leatherman, and many more for me. I do wonder how many here actually back their words up with action....

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
What did I miss?
Their COVID mandate policy BS, which they were forced to backtrack because of the reaction they got. Yeah, well, too late. I don't ever again want to hear about that company yammering about "freedom".

It may not matter to anyone else, but it matters to me.

I did not hear about that. This is the first I'm hearing of it. Good to know, though.

Ordered a couple of Wolff extra power springs.

Tony.

The Geissele 'Anti-Freedom' COVID Vaccine Mandate Policy BS was first mentioned in this post/embedded video in the Hornady thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...690093684#1690093684

There was some further discussion over the remaining pages in that thread.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post