SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Favorite Cantilever throw-lever mount?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Cantilever throw-lever mount? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
benny6, since this thread has inevitably become 50% about the QD vs. not-QD debate, can you elaborate on why it is you originally inquired exclusively about throw-lever mounts?

Posts: 2137 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I just thought everyone uses throw levers when they can. I change my mind frequently and switch between irons, ACOG and a scope.

I'm open to throw or non-throw. I liked the ADM system because it came on my Atlas bipod and seems solid.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The regular switching of sighting devices can certainly merit levers, if the exemption from tools appeals to the individual. In my mind, there are few situations that necessitate levers: perhaps a suitcase or backpack gun, where more components of the weapon also disassemble, allowing storage and transportation in a very compact, discreet container; or, as I proposed in the NVG thread, switching between day and night optics on the same gun, in the context of a multi-day mission of some kind. Outside of those examples, and some others I am sure I haven't thought of, I prefer the sleekness of non-lever mounts.

Posts: 2137 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To address the snagging aspect, I have had levers get partially disengaged, and Larue lever safeties become completely disengaged. If I have levers one something, and those levers don't have safeties, or I am not confident in the safeties, at least one lever gets zip-tied down; I am gonna need to use a knife to remove it anyway, so some of the QD aspect is cancelled. The snagging isn't isolated to the issue of levers coming undone either, as the levers can also cause the gun bind on other kit, perhaps limiting movement at inopportune times; unlikely, but worth considering. I am not a lever hater; I have some lever mounts. Some of those mounts I would now prefer to be non-QD though; it would be so, if I had a time machine.

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Got my MWI mount today, 34mm 1.93" center line.
The levers are out of the way and they lock.
About the same price as an ADM.
The levers on the two ADM mounts I have lock also.
I had the scope in a 1.5" tall 20 MOA cant mount sitting on a .5" riser.
I don't need 20 extra MOA and this looks much better than the previous contraption.
The Ariska level fits under this mount.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have ADM, LaRue, Aero and a few others but the best I have is Badger Ordnance Condition 1 in 1.7 height.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post