SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Palmetto Sate Armory Jakl SBR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto Sate Armory Jakl SBR Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
I was lucky enough to pick up a PSA Jakl two weeks ago. They haven't made very many yet, my serial number is high 200's.

I put the Jakl upper on my registered POF billet lower. I used the Haga Defense 1913 Zhukov adapter. I have not tested it yet to see if it will fire with the stock closed. But I would say it doesn't look promising.

I have not seen any other Jakl SBR pics on the web yet. And with the low serial number I think its safe to say mine may be the first (or one of the first) in the country Smile

I am now patiently waiting for their 7.62x39 version that takes AK-47 magazines (ETA 2023 release). This version will use their KS-47 lowers. They also have plans for a 9mm that uses CZ scorpion mags.

Ask away if you have any questions.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Very cool. I hope the JAKL does well. But ditch the Aimpoint LRP mount as fast as possible, lol. It's a pig.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Very cool. I hope the JAKL does well. But ditch the Aimpoint LRP mount as fast as possible, lol. It's a pig.

Yeah, I'm going to find something lower so I can drop that stock down a little more. But I'm a little tapped out on my allowance for the next couple months Big Grin

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't it fire with the stock folded?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Why wouldn't it fire with the stock folded?

Look at the 3rd picture. The ejection port is blocked when the stock is closed.

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun. What is the price on the JAKL? Every time I look the are out of stock.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
Looks like fun. What is the price on the JAKL? Every time I look the are out of stock.

$1,100 for the pistol.

They will be selling the uppers by themselves later, but I didn't want to wait with the way things are right now.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have been contemplating doing essentially the same thing with Fox Trot Mike’s version.

https://aimsurplus.com/product...plete-upper-receiver

The full FM Pistol is $800 when in stock at AimSurplus.

Not really sure the difference in the two.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I have been contemplating doing essentially the same thing with Fox Trot Mike’s version.

99% sure the FM is DI, not long stroke piston, like the JAKL. From a utube video they may be offering a model with an adjustable gas block in the future, which is what I am waiting for.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

99% sure the FM is DI, not long stroke piston, like the JAKL. From a utube video they may be offering a model with an adjustable gas block in the future, which is what I am waiting for.

Thanks

————————————————

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Is that a standard AR lower? How does the stock mount? I like the design...looks like a handy size for a piston gun, and I like a recoil system that eliminates the buffer tube. What does that upper weigh in comparison to a regular DI upper?

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Correct, the FM is a DI gun. Which is fine but I was turned away by their bolt design. It looks like they literally chopped in half an AR-15 BCG right behind the gas key.

ETA: Pic

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Very cool! Is that a standard AR lower? How does the stock mount? I like the design...looks like a handy size for a piston gun, and I like a recoil system that eliminates the buffer tube. What does that upper weigh in comparison to a regular DI upper?

I haven't weighed it yet. But I originally had a Daniel Defense MK18 upper on this lower and the jakl lower is noticeably lighter.

It came with a standard forged lower as a "pistol" with a folding triangle brace. The lower I have it on is a billet lower which PSA says will not work with their picatiny rail / buffer adapter. It works fine on mine.

Pic rail adapter is two parts. You screw in a puck where the buffer goes on the receiver. PSA said apply thread lock. I used blue which is what appeared to be what they used on the factory pistol lower that came with the upper. Then bolt the pic rail to that puck. As I said in the original post I had to get an adapter to make the Magpul Zhukov stock work with the pic rail. And any MCX / MPX stock will work with this gun as well.

This is the best picture I could find of the PSA pic rail stock adapter that came with the gun.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting! I am waiting for them to just release uppers and adapter to use on one of my sbr’d lowers. I’m debating 5.56 or the shorter 300blk to keep suppressed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
quote:

Correct, the FM is a DI gun. Which is fine but I was turned away by their bolt design. It looks like they literally chopped in half an AR-15 BCG right behind the gas key.

ETA: Pic

Thank you for that. I had not dug too far into them yet as I don’t have the cash at the moment and did not want to fully feed the fire.
I had not seen a picture of the bolt.

I’ll pass and just wait on the Jackyl uppers.

————————————————

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the details on the stock. I'm intrigued and will be very interested to hear your range report and how the recoil impulse compares to a DI AR. I also missed in your first post that they're working on a 9mm variant...do you know if that is going to be piston operated or will it be blowback?

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Thanks for the details on the stock. I'm intrigued and will be very interested to hear your range report and how the recoil impulse compares to a DI AR. I also missed in your first post that they're working on a 9mm variant...do you know if that is going to be piston operated or will it be blowback?

They aren't saying much on the 9mm. They dropped pics on AR15.com of their prototype (see below). I feel they are ready to go into production with all these varients, they are just waiting on getting cnc machines in place. I say that because they said they are waiting for more machines before they sell the 5.56 upper by itself. They said their machine is tied up making parts for the complete gun right now.

9mm Jakl

7.62x39 Jakl

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Good on PSA for developing this. I hope it is a solid product, I'd like to get one for fun someday.

Congrats, it looks great.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6956 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
FYI, if someone else wants to roll the dice, the Jakl pistol is currently available at PSA here[removed as now OOS] for $1099.

Also, the Gen 2(.5) Foxtrot Mike Uppers with the adjustable gas block are also available and on sale at Rainier Arms for $589 for the 12" and $624 for the 16".

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Walker,
Have you had a chance to get this to the range yet? How did she do? Any reliability issues? Accuracy?

Do you have a suppressor? I’m curious how gas blowback compares to an AR.

Posts: 830 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post