SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have an Arsenal SLR104-UR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have an Arsenal SLR104-UR? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I'm interested in using one as the basis for a SBR.

I've got loads of 5.45 and magazines around since I already have a '74 and a Tantal.

Thoughts on the Arsenal gun? None of my AKs are Arsenals.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post

I got the stamp back on mine back about 4 months ago. I haven't put many rounds through it other than a cursory shakedown right after it was approved. I started collecting parts for it as soon as I ordered the rifle. Two Rivers Arms did the engraving, removed the gas block restrictor, chopped the barrel to the correct 8.5" length, and pinned a fake suppressor in place to maintain a 16" OAL until the stamp was approved.

Once the stamp came back I installed a Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider, Bulgarian 4.5mm triangle folder, Bulgarian upper and lower handguard, a correct Russian sling, and a Polish grip. The Polish grip is a little thicker front to back than a standard AK grip and is more comfortable for me, but still looks correct. At this point I'd have to say that it's my favorite SBR of the 4 that I currently own. With the stock folded it is much smaller than my 10.5" AR and not far off from my K converted Scorpion.

As far as Arsenal AKs go, I'm a fan. I have two now (104UR and 107CR, both SBRs) and owned a 104FR in the past. Some people bitch about the finish and possibly canted sights, but mine have all been fine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bryanZ06,

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When your barrel was cut, did they pull it and cut it or leave it installed while it was cut?

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Love mine:

Once I got my stamp back, ( 73 days ) I cut the barrel with it still installed, recrowned it, touched it up and rocked on.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
When your barrel was cut, did they pull it and cut it or leave it installed while it was cut?

The cut was done with the barrel installed.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Cut/crowned mine with the barrel installed as well.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
My favorite AK and SBR.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
bryanZ06 great looking AK, where did you get the polish grip and the 4 piece flash hider?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What grain weight bullets are you all shooting? Accuracy results after the chop?

I've got a load of 7N6 as well as whatever commercial stuff is on the market.

A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
bryanZ06 great looking AK, where did you get the polish grip and the 4 piece flash hider?

Thanks. The Polish grips came from one of the AK parts sites, but I can't remember which one right now. The Bulgarian 4 piece came from KVAR. The availability on those seems to fluctuate quite a bit. I suggest if you see it in stock somewhere to grab it.

quote:
What grain weight bullets are you all shooting? Accuracy results after the chop?

60gr Wolf for me. I had a case left over from my 104FR after it was sold. I've since bought more. I haven't shot the gun for accuracy yet. My maybe 100 total rounds through it so far were just to see how it ran after the chop. With weather getting better every day here, I expect to get a range trip in soon.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've got a load of 7N6 as well as whatever commercial stuff is on the market.

No accuracy or cycling issues with mine, post-chop.

It loves 7N6 and does the best with it for accuracy. Nothing to write home about, but it was about 8" or so, IIRC, at 100 yrs.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post