SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Trijicon Credo 1-4 anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon Credo 1-4 anyone? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Got another AR build in the mix. Just your typical 1-300 yard all round gun.
I have a Trijicon MRO on my main work rifle and like it very much.
Have a Steiner MRS on a fun all around AR
Have a Vortex 1-6 on my 18” LaRue for slightly longer distances.
I like Trijicon and am thinking of giving their Credo 1-5 with the Precision Hunter MOA reticle.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Been looking at them, but wound up opting for a Steiner 1-4 on sale.

Reviews say the glass is good, but Meopta taught me to actually look through the scope at the reticle before buying the scope if at all possible.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I haven't used a Credo 1-4 but I do have an Accupower 1-4 which is pretty much it's predecessor. The glass is excellent in this price range and it has worked flawlessly for many years on a SCAR 16S.

Mine has the Red BDC Segmented Circle and with a 100-yard zero the BDC holds line up perfectly out to 500 yards with 69 grain IMI. It makes for very easy holds and a lot of fun engaging multiple steel targets at different distances.

Only downside is that the illumination is not as retina blinding bright in daytime as some of the other more expensive options. But the etched reticle has enough contrast that the illumination has never bothered me.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a credo HX 1-4 on one of my 375HH rifles. It’s a bit heavy but it’s been banged around a lot and helped me bag several bull moose and a few great bears. It’s maintained it’s zero for a few seasons of being flown around, banging around boats and being dragged through thick alders.

Euro optic had them for 399.00 right now, normally they cost over a thousand dollars. I think trijicon is discontinuing a few models which as made for some deep discounts. I got a tenmile hx 3-18x50 for about 730.00 when normally it was 1850.00.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I haven't used a Credo 1-4 but I do have an Accupower 1-4 which is pretty much it's predecessor.
Yeah, I've got two Accupower 1-4 scopes on ARs and I love them. Made in Japan.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I have a credo HX 1-4 on one of my 375HH rifles. It’s a bit heavy but it’s been banged around a lot and helped me bag several bull moose and a few great bears. It’s maintained it’s zero for a few seasons of being flown around, banging around boats and being dragged through thick alders.

Euro optic had them for 399.00 right now, normally they cost over a thousand dollars. I think trijicon is discontinuing a few models which as made for some deep discounts. I got a tenmile hx 3-18x50 for about 730.00 when normally it was 1850.00.

That is why I am asking.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I haven't used a Credo 1-4 but I do have an Accupower 1-4 which is pretty much it's predecessor.
Yeah, I've got two Accupower 1-4 scopes on ARs and I love them. Made in Japan.

Interesting thought all their stuff was made in the States.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
These days, with scopes, that's a good thing.

I bought my first Trijicon scope BECAUSE it was made in Japan.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
These days, with scopes, that's a good thing.

I bought my first Trijicon scope BECAUSE it was made in Japan.

Their ACOG stuff might be made in the USA maybe? Aren’t the nightforce ATACR scopes made in the USA while the rest are made in Japan?

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I have the 1-6 FFP and the glass is excellent. It is lighter than the Vortex I was looking at, which was one of the reasons I chose the Credo.

I've also been eyeing the Eurooptic sale, thinking a 1-4 would be perfect for my .300blk SBR.

From their website.

The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG®, VCOG®, RMR®, RMR®cc SRO®, MRO®, Iron Sights, MGRS®, CCAS®, Thermal Optics, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA. Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements. All Trijicon products are designed in Michigan and have the same stringent quality processes applied to them, including the Science of Brilliant™ testing methodology. All Trijicon products are backed by our limited lifetime warranty. Each product is marked according to its origin.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trijicon scopes come out of the light optical works factory in Japan which also does work for nightforce and SWFA. There are people out there who have done comprehensive drop tests with trijicon scopes and those results have been good enough for me to not worry about.

I used a tenmile hx 3-15x50 sfp scope on a mountain goat hunt on southeast alaska least season. That was 8 days of rain and getting bumped around, dragged through brush and just general abuse by most people’s standards. On the pack out, the gun even took a fairly large impact as I was working my way down a slope with a pack weighing over 100lbs. After I got back, I kicked my wounds for a few weeks and took the gun to the range. It was still dead on at all distances despite the abuse.

After that I was sold on trijicon optics, I’m loving these bargain basement prices on them. One of the best deals on any piece of hunting gear I’ve seen in a long time.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I bought my two Accupower 1-4 scopes five years ago. I bought the first one, mounted it and I was very pleased with it, so I bought a second one, paid 588.00 apiece and consider it money well spent. The optical quality is excellent.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Credo 1-8 and am very impressed with it. Paid $1,100 for it and zero regrets.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I'm jealous.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I purchased another Tenmile not long ago, which is why I had the other in the classifieds (which I pulled because I thought I might need it).

The new one had an issue with edge blur in one part of the scope. At first I thought it was my imagination, or just eye alignment issues, so I mounted it and forgot about it. I'd live with it.
When I got back to it, I kept seeing the problem, but I was sort of convincing myself it was my imagination or something I was doing. Some time later I started to doubt that as well. So I pulled it, gave it a real once over looking through it from all odd angles and realized no, it wasn't my imagination. No matter how you looked in it, you couldn't see the black edge in one area of the scope. Crap. The thing cost too much to "live with it".
I emailed Trijicon about it, with a question, since there was an additional wrinkle in the equation, they got back to me in under an hour. Told me no problem, fill out the online RMA form. I heard back from them on that maybe an hour or two later. I think the next morning I had a prepaid shipping label emailed to me.

They received it on the 6th I believe. I got an email this morning saying that they're not repairing it and that they're sending me a new one. I supposed I could complain that the first one was a lemon, but I can't complain about how they handled it after that. So thumbs up to Trijicon customer service.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post