SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Removed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Now I can show mine off! All I need is an optic. I'm thinking some kind of 1-8x

That appears to be LMT's DMR stock, which looks a lot like a Magpul PRS. This is effectively a fixed-length stock that IMO doesn't lend well to offhand shoot-n-scoot type shooting. It's better at shooting from more stable positions -- say bench rest, prone bipod, or relatively stable barricades.

Which means your rifle is better set up for longer distance, more precise shooting. This isn't really a CQB stock -- a configuration that lends well to 1-8x optics.

Therefore, if you use the rifle at longer distances and for more precise shooting, I think you will prefer more magnification than 1-8x. Maybe even more than 2-10x. Consider something in the 3-15x or 4-16x ballpark.

Posts: 7851 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
Final optic iterations - still waiting on the Sandman-S, which will be dedicated on the 16" after chopping it to 14"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Uriah,

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uriah:
Final optic iterations - still waiting on the Sandman-S, which will be dedicated on the 16" after chopping it to 14"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post