SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Slow bolt release button
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slow bolt release button Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
AAARGH!
The bolt release on my RRA NM is in slow motion. Must be gummed up inside with oil.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6291 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Break-free / carb cleaner / non clorinated break cleaner. That will loosen things up.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's probably gummed up with varnished solvent or other crud. Hit it with some brake or carb cleaner, then blast it good with some compressed air to evacuate it, then re-lube with some light oil and allow it to seep in. If that doesn't fix it, punch the roll pin out, clean the parts, and get in the channel with a Q-tip. It's a 5-minute job, made even easier with the appropriate flat-sided punch: https://www.brownells.com/guns...punch-prod26484.aspx

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Kroil is your friend…the air brake equipment on locomotives would cease to function without it…I use it fairly often on my ARs…good stuff Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post