SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I'm looking for the thread, and I'm not being a jerk here, but what happened with the braced pistol ban thing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm looking for the thread, and I'm not being a jerk here, but what happened with the braced pistol ban thing? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
^^^^^not everyone wants to set up a trust, set up an eForms account, get prints and photos to submit, engrave their information, etc etc. Some have gone through the F1 process and don’t mind, others don’t want to and don’t want to mark up multi-thousand dollar guns.

Food for thought!

That's part of it for sure.
I know that someone knows I have an AR type pistol that I possess because I filled out the form when I bought it from my LGS. I don't own any firearm with a threaded barrel so I have no need for a suppressor. Not saying I hate them or that there's no need for them, I simply don't want to go through that process.
Months ago, my LGS had a SBS, namely a Benelli that I was drooling over but I passed because of what I would have to submit in order to purchase it and not to mention wait until everything cleared. Instead I bought a Mossberg 590 Tactical that day. Regular form, a small wait and it was mine. No extra paperwork or anything.
I'm not saying anyone is wrong in filing the form to the ATF, I'm just saying I won't.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The ATF sent the new rule change to the white house two weeks ago so we are expecting the rule change to be published soon. 12/23 is a friday before a holiday and many wont be paying attention so I'm expecting it on the 23.

Washington gun law on Youtube updates the release of information on these rule changes.

I have three braced pistols on the line and I'm really not in the mood to add more SBR's to the the federal registry. I will likely lengthen the barrel on one to 16" and lose the braces on the other two and keep the firearms as stubby little pistols.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I don't plan on doing anything differently.
Compliance is for the serfs.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
The ATF sent the new rule change to the white house two weeks ago so we are expecting the rule change to be published soon. 12/23 is a friday before a holiday and many wont be paying attention so I'm expecting it on the 23.

Washington gun law on Youtube updates the release of information on these rule changes.

I have three braced pistols on the line and I'm really not in the mood to add more SBR's to the the federal registry. I will likely lengthen the barrel on one to 16" and lose the braces on the other two and keep the firearms as stubby little pistols.

I'm subbed to Washington Gun Law and I've commented there before.
I'm waiting to see when they do this also but it still won't affect my decision.
It won't be until April of next year when it can be enforced and I'd expect GOA to file a suit and have it hang up things for a bit.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Well if they are supposed to have the info out in "late December" they're running out of time.

Typical.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its the government and worse the ATF. We still have new years eve for it to drop, but the latest intel (if there is such a thing) its now in Jan.
Gives you another few days to efile all that stuff before the rush.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I've been watching for the rules release for the last couple weeks. Based on the ATF's previous proposed rule change tactics, I was betting it would've happened a week ago, on the Friday before Christmas, but obviously not.

I was thinking that if the rules release didn't happen by tomorrow (last Friday of 2022) then the fact that the Republicans were taking over the House in a few days likely factored into the ATF's decision to delay the drop... BUT, it appears the SAF's lawsuit is what is causing the delay, and it is now expected that the ATF will release the new rules next month, January 2023.

@ 5 minute analysis

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=770beVc31gw

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post