SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    1 is none and 2 is one. Buying my 2nd AR.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1 is none and 2 is one. Buying my 2nd AR. Login/Join 
posted
I have been thinking about this for more than a year but with prices being more than ridiculous, I have waited and hoped for either prices to come down(ya right) or to find a private seller with what I needed. Paid off yesterday finally.

A friend contacted me and said he knew of a person selling a Colt AR for a decent price and had extras along with it. Phone numbers exchanged and I called to go look at it.

What was being sold was a Colt 6920 LE Magpul with a prism scope and 5-30 round Magpul magazines for $1300. The rifle is in excellent condition and I asked the seller if I could take apart the rifle to look at it. Clean is an understatement as he told me he put maybe 300 rounds through it. BCG is damn near flawless as is the charging handle. Trigger group looks nice and everything worked as it should. I thought the price was fair if not a little below what someone else would pay.

So now I have 2 Colt ARs which makes me happy should something happen to one of them. Both 6920's, one with an EoTech and the other with a Vortex Prism.

The Gods were kind yesterday and it was a balmy 30 degrees here with the sun shining so I got to zero the prism where I want and run some rounds through it. I only put 60 rounds downrange but I was happy with performance and had 0 issues. Prism optic is different but I actually found myself liking it more than the EoTech. Battery dies and I still have the etched reticle available with the prism. Not the case with the EoTech but both rifles have BUIS.

Good day to be a Colt snob I guess. Cool

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good job man. always good to have extra for your wingmen (should they need it...)

and now you have to double your 5.56mm ammunition stockpile...

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's funny how your AR collection can grow. I started out years ago with a Colt 16" HBar during the Clinton ban years. After the ban I had the barrel theaded and added a flash hider and I thought I was done.

But then I found a 20" Colt HBar upper dirt cheap at a show and made a long range build around it.

Then an LMT M4 upper came to me in a swap, so I did a my first build with a collapsible stock (I've always preferred the original fixed stock).

So 2 might make 3 in the future...

Posts: 264 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
1 is none and 2 is one

FWIW the none number changes a LOT. Smile
Keep 'em coming.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
1 is none and 2 is one

FWIW the none number changes a LOT. Smile
Keep 'em coming.

I'm hoping I can stop at 2.
Both rifles are nice with my original Colt having around 900 rounds through it.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, you can, at least for the moment. You see, now you need a couple of AKs just so you've got comprehensively redundant EBR redundancy.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, 5.56 does not really cover all the bases. You really need an AR10, well two AR10s.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
LOL, two, I sold six and still have four. Two of the ones sold were Colt SP1’s. Slab sides, one rifle and one carbine. Sold for scary prices at auction.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
You know, 5.56 does not really cover all the bases. You really need an AR10, well two AR10s.

Funny but not funny.
308 is a caliber I have not one rifle in. Nothing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
LOL, two, I sold six and still have four. Two of the ones sold were Colt SP1’s. Slab sides, one rifle and one carbine. Sold for scary prices at auction.

Not going to say I have to many rifles but between the hunting rifles and what I've bought, I'm in good shape.
I'd actually have to buy another safe if I were to start buying more rifles.

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:

Not going to say I have to many rifles but between the hunting rifles and what I've bought, I'm in good shape.
I'd actually have to buy another safe if I were to start buying more rifles.

LOL, I have three of those! Don’t stop at one!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post