SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help with two WML setups (MCX and Benelli M4)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with two WML setups (MCX and Benelli M4) Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Getting my MCX (300 BLK SBR) and Benelli into their final forms. More or less just need WMLs for both. My normal go-to for home defense guns is a simple Surefire X300 mounted at 9 o'clock on the rail. Going to do something different with these two, primarily because I want tape switches.

I'm looking at Arisaka lights and have a decent handle on how to deal with the mix-n-match system, but I really don't know anything about the various heads (Malkov or Surefire) they offer or which tailcap to get.

What's the deal with these various heads and tailcaps? I'm not looking to unleash the sun...these are HD guns. Got a small house and not much in the way of property, so I don't need nuclear power or massive throw.

If it matters for the tape switches, I really would prefer momentary on, rather than an on/off toggle.

The Benelli has an MLOK forearm, but not much in the way of actual MLOK real estate (it's a Strike Industries Hayl rail). I think I may try a T-Rex light bar, since the rail sits so far back from the muzzle and the barrel will create a shadow the same way a suppressor would on a rifle.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
This isn’t what you asked about, so please forgive the drift, but I am very happy with this setup using the INFORCE light on my MCX. Several versions of the light exist, including a couple of illumination levels.

I relied on tape switches for a long time until I was introduced to the INFORCE. I like it because it’s very easy to operate with my thumb in that position. The tape switches I had were somewhat hard to activate, and it always seemed to me that was to help avoid accidental activations. The INFORCE switch doesn’t require much pressure, but it’s protected from accidents by both its flush fit and a simple rotating bar that covers the switch. Changing from constant on to momentary is also very simple: rotate the large lever forward or back. The lights also have a strobe mode which I disapprove of, but that’s easily disabled. Another advantage of the light is that it’s very easy to attach to a Picatinny rail section and remove, unlike the Surefire lights I have had experience with.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
check out Elzetta for inexpensive and stout USA mounts.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run surefire on tailcaps. Mostly you need to decide if you want more than the tape switch. I run the XM07 generally but for what you said maybe the UE07 is fine. On the MCX I run it to a cloud switch housing but you didnt say barrel length so real estate may dictate you tuck it into a diagonal.
I generally run the surefire IR heads, but that might not interest you. At that point you need to say which diameter and battery choice you like? But in general I like the Malkoff heads versus the surefire heads except in IR>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
MCX is a 9" with suppressor handguards, so I've only got MLOK at 3/6/9. Suppressor is mostly sleeved under the handguards.

Rail space may be an issue, because with the current placement of my foregrip, my thumb rides just at the last picatinny slot and my support palm mostly covers the forwardmost MLOK slot. Could move the grip back a bit, but I think I have enough room as is.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post