SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Gamo Swarm Maxxim G2 problems?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gamo Swarm Maxxim G2 problems? Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
My local fleet supply store has these in stock and I'm thinking of picking one up because I would like it by the weekend. I have a red squirrel problem that needs to be addressed at the lake place. Barrel break wasn't my first choice as I would kind of like a semi auto but I also like the idea of not having to have co2 cartridges on hand. But I'm guessing this will do the job but lack some fun factor. I've read of some problems with these specifically the 10 round mag either dropping pellets on the ground or jamming up. From what I understand there is no way to manually load this gun one pellet at a time so if the mag malfunctions the gun is useless. Any first hand experience before I drop almost a couple hundred on this gun or any alternative suggestions?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8527 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My 2 cents. Assuming you want it by the weekend and assuming you can get another Gamo product, I would opt for a single shot model break barrel. It just takes the complexity out, will likely be more mechanically accurate and may be cheaper.

All that said Gamo isn’t really my bag so I really cannot speak beyond that.

What I can warn you about is the fact that shooting any spring gun, especially a higher powered one is NOT like shooting a powder burner. Use a light touch, hold and teach yourself the same follow through every time. Otherwise you may be frustrated. You need to learn a new discipline is all I am saying.

Also keep in mind you want very precise hits for humane kills. Don’t whack the little tree rats just anywhere.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. The lgs happens to have a Sig Canebreak in stock for more $$ but not sure it's powerful enough to humanely take down the tree rats. But it sure as hell looks tacticool! Cool

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8527 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I have had one of these G2's for about a year and I have not had one single issue. And I mean not 1. Mine has been great! I have the scope zeroed in perfectly and can't say enough good things about mine.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post